Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
I just saw a new addition to the Mophie lineup. The Mophie juice pack PRO.

http://www.mophie.com/juice-pack-PRO-Rugged-case-for-iPhone-4-4S-p/2120_jppr-ip4-blk.htm

What do you all think? Looks pretty cool.

1rvgpi.png

The juice pack PRO provides you with the confidence that your iPhone can lead you through the most demanding conditions. With the largest battery ever built into a juice pack case, complimented by a belt clip and rugged good looks, the juice pack PRO is the perfect adventure companion. Stay off the grid all weekend.

With an impact resistant design that exceeds military specifications (MIL-STD 810G), a large battery and an included belt clip to keep it securely on your hip, you can be assured that no matter how extreme your weekend gets your iPhone will still be there when you need to get back to civilization.

Product Dimensions: 5.26 in x 2.78 in x 1.02 in
Battery Capacity: 2500 mAh

Last edited:

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
So basically the end all, be all of cases for those that need protection and use their phone all the time.

I use a Mophie Juice Pack Plus as my daily case due to needing some decent protection and definitely needing battery life. I unplug at 0400 every morning and by 1600 I am completely dead without the Juice Pack Plus.

Adding in a little more protection with a belt clip could be a good thing but my Plus has taken a lot of abuse and while it has seen better days, the phone is fine with no damage. The back of the case is pretty trashed and rubber bumper on it has a ton of nicks and cuts. Despite that, I really have gotten used to it and love it.

With that said, depending on price I may give this a try but I have been pretty happy with my current Mophie for the past 9 months. The belt clip is probably the most interesting part of this package for me as the generic pouch I have stinks (it is a Mophie one but it is just a simple, overpriced pouch). The water resistance and drop protection are pretty enticing.

I'm curious about the price since there really isn't anything else like this on the market that I know of. I have tried the Seidio Convert Plus but after a week found it to be an awful case in terms of everything and that is the only battery case I have seen that is anywhere near rugged in terms of competition for the Mophie Pro.

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
I would consider it if it's less than a hundred bucks and if there's no new iPhone coming out this year. Otherwise, I'm going to be selling my 4S when there's word of the next phone release so it wouldn't make sense for me, especially since I already have a juice pack plus.

On a side note, I hate the look of it personally. If I had to add a product to the mophie line it would be an even bigger Plus version than the 2000mAh battery pack that exists currently. I think that case is already great for protection, although it certainly does not SCREAM protection like the Pro case will.

EDIT: I also really like the look of the VAMP (The V-moda headphone amp, case, AND battery pack all in one for the iPhone 4/4S.) I'd probably buy that before I bought the mophie pro.

Last edited:

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Would work out nice during hunting season and being in the woods all day with nothing to do but surf the net :D as long as its not over $90 I'll get one

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
Would work out nice during hunting season and being in the woods all day with nothing to do but surf the net :D as long as its not over $90 I'll get one

I have a feeling this case will be around $119.99. The juice pack plus is $99.95 and I can't see this case being any less than that. So I have a feeling it's going to be around that price. I also can't see the battery being any less than 2000mAh. If it is, that would just be a huge disappointment.

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
my guess is they will sell a lot of these- even when the new iphone 5 comes out there will be lots of iphone 4s sales as the price will do it's customary drop- I say good for mophie... i would guess that an iphone 5 model will follow ....

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
my guess is they will sell a lot of these- even when the new iphone 5 comes out there will be lots of iphone 4s sales as the price will do it's customary drop- I say good for mophie... i would guess that an iphone 5 model will follow ....

Personally, I think Mophie really did this wrong...

They're releasing a product (especially a big one like this) at the complete wrong time. All the iPhone 5 talk is on the way, and for all those iPhone 4/4s owners who will be upgrading (or thinking about upgrading) to the iPhone 5, will probably not want to invest a lot of money into a case that will become useless in a couple of months. This product should have been showcased at CES 2012 and they would have made a killing from this case. That's my opinion. I do still think they'll do well, but I definitely don't think they'll make as much as they could have.

Again... All my personal opinion.

grafftillidie

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2012
I will definitely be getting this case. I currently have a juice pack plus and a plus outdoor edition. When I first got the cases my initial thought was a heavy duty version would make it the ideal case. As for pricing, I feel it may be in the $130-$150 range since outdoor is $120 and the specs state this is the biggest battery they have used yet. Yes, the timing could be better with the imminent release of an iPhone5 but I look at it as increasing my resale value when I have a few cases to sell with my 4s

toasty hoodie

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2011
I would LOVE to have a Mophie case, but as I use a FM transmitter/charger in my work truck, I need the 30 pin connector available.

If it wasn't so close to the iPhone 5 launch, I would definitely consider this though.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
When we're they going to release it? Camping season is now.

This isn't an every day device. It is a device for the rugged outdoors so people can hike and camp and keep some sort of communication tool with them.

At least that is what it looks like they are aiming for.

Not everyone changes their phone every year. Those that do can sell it with their phone on eBay when the new phone comes out. They will do well with this product I think.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
When we're they going to release it? They coud have released it last spring but maybe it wasnt ready yet. Camping season is now. So if they were ever going to do it for this model now is the time.

This isn't an every day device. It is a device for the rugged outdoors so people can hike and camp and keep some sort of communication tool with them.

At least that is what it looks like they are aiming for.

Not everyone changes their phone every year. Those that do can sell it with their phone on eBay when the new phone comes out. They will do well with this product I think.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
I rather have an Android over that....

Cool story, bro.

I dig it. Might buy it when it comes out. Price depending, of course.

Yeah, the price is going to be the huge deal breaker for a lot of people. It's either going to be a hit or miss with pricing. I have a feeling it's going to be priced between $120-150. I'm hoping around $120 but I just noticed their outdoor edition is going for $120 so it should be interesting to see what they decide on.

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
I want a nice durable case for when I do outdoors-y stuff but haven't found value in any of them. Bought the Otterbox Defender and it blows. I'm sure it will make the phone HUGE, but at least this one has the looks of a tough case, but also the benefit of a battery pack.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
Updated the original post. More information has been given, but still lacking a release date.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
There's a reason why the OP didn't use this image:
GArew.png

That case is an inch thick! lol

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Yikes. Lol.

Seriously though, if I'm going through Moab or through canyons on a hike or just going to be out in the elements for an extended amount of time, I could easily deal with the girth to have the extended battery and protection. \\But clearly there is no way I would want to keep this on the phone all day every day.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
There's a reason why the OP didn't use this image:

That case is an inch thick! lol

I didn't use that image because it's a terrible one. It doesn't compare to anything and it's hard to determine the true size of it. Sure, it's going to be thick, but for someone who needs the protection/extra battery, it's definitely worth a buy. This case is obviously not for everyone.

fullmanfullninj

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2009
Just gonna add my two cents, sorry if this isn't constructive at all LOL.

I have the Juice Pack Pro or whatever...the larger one than the air. A few weeks ago, it stopped charging, probably because the micro USB port got pushed in too far...if I held the cable to the case really hard it would charge.

I decided to contact Mophie because they have a one year warranty...the process was perfect. Honestly, the most difficult part was getting a copy of my receipt from Best Buy. But other than that, I just printed out the forms they gave, the shipping label they paid for, put it in a box and off it went. I think the entire process took a week? Either way, it was fast, it was not a hassle either, and I got a brand new product in box. New cable, new case, even new manuals! I dunno I had a really positive experience with them, and they communicated with me the entire process.

So yeah. I like 'em for this warranty process LOL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.