Mophie or Belkin Boost Up for iPhone X?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PTVMan, Nov 5, 2017.

1. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

Is anyone using either now and have a preference/opinion?

2. Bigads macrumors regular

Bigads

I have both. One at home and one on my desk at work.
    As far as practicality is concerned they are both as good as each other. The only difference is the Belkin is larger in circumference so it’s really down to an aesthetic choice on your part.

3. ukms macrumors regular

ukms

I'm using a white Boost up ..... does the job well for me, I basically chose it as it was white and blends well on the bedside :)

4. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

Personally I picked the mophie. It’s smaller so it takes up less space on my desk, and it felt like it better built compare to the belkin one.

5. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Neither. I would wait until AirPower is released. It is the best wireless charger Apple will release next year.

6. PTVMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

I read some reviews on Apple.com of the Belkin and a few users mentioned that their iPhone 8's were sliding off the base. User error or an issue?

7. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

I opted for the Choetech T511 on Amazon for $15.99. Works a charm.

8. PTVMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Agreed, but it's release is a long way off and at the rumored $199 price tag it seems a bit expensive.

9. tuncer macrumors member

I bought two of the Mophie. Main reasoning is because of the color and the small base so I could put it on the night table without taking up too much space. Either way you are good. Personally love the black and love wireless charging :)

10. Bigads macrumors regular

Bigads

Both seem fine in terms of the phone staying where it should. Not sure how or why a handset would slide off if it’s just set down.

11. ukms macrumors regular

ukms

Can’t really see how this would happen ? It’s flat and has a ring on it that is rubberised that gives some grip ..... the only way I could see a device slipping off would be if it wasn’t positioned flat.

12. Coffee50 macrumors 6502a

I bought the morphie because that’s the only one the Apple store had left, lol. They only had a couple left, so I decided quickly. It worked out because it made the decision easier on which one to get, lol.

13. Shark5150 macrumors 65816

Shark5150

People have said that their ringer and notifications on vibrate caused it as it charged thru the night.

14. ukms macrumors regular

ukms

Yeah good point, I suppose that could happen with any charger or plate though ?

15. Shark5150 macrumors 65816

Shark5150

It certainly could but apparently the Mophie has a better rubberized area. I only have the Mophie, so I can't compare. I think Rene Ritchie spdid a review of both on imore. Not sure.

16. ukms macrumors regular

ukms

The rubber piece on mine is just a narrow ring so I can potentially see how there is a risk .... I don’t have vibrate on mine when the ringer is on .... I’ll give it a try tomorrow see what happens.

I’m looking for a decent upright wireless charging stand for my desk at work.

17. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Get the anker on amazon and save your money, these 2 are grossly overpriced

18. Shark5150 macrumors 65816

Shark5150

I'm looking for one as well. Post if you find a promising one. I will too

19. fultonjt macrumors regular

fultonjt

Agreed. It grips the phone and surface its on so well too. I grabbed two and am planning to pick up another one.

20. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I use a Mophie and have a second one on the way.

21. PTVMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

After reading all this great feedback I got the Mophie from the Apple Store today. I love it. Nice size and good grip. Thanks everyone!

22. RandyMass macrumors member

RandyMass

I have the Mophie and love it. Works with my case too.

23. Nikhil72 macrumors 65816

Agree with Mophie, have both, Belkin is mediocre at best.

24. AJsAWiz, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017

AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

They does sound a little pricey for a wireless charger. That is the rumored price but the X supply constraint was a rumor as well and look what happened. Okay, the supply might have been short but it didn't seem as dire as predicted. That said, I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it will be priced.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 5, 2017 ---
    I waited on the Anker model I wanted and now they are gone. And Amazon doesn't know when or if it will be available. So, I went with the Tech Matte as my second wireless charger (Spigen stand was my first). I'll keep checking back on the Anker but doubt if it will reappear.

Just checked, they had 1 and that fast . . . now it's gone. It's this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KJL4XNY/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I7T7SG2LHD608&colid=3BUBL7V4L8GCW

25. skiwil macrumors member

Mophie. For two reasons, the apple store rep said it was better than the Belkin due to the rubber gripping the phone better, also there is only a tiny led light which I don't see at night time, I was worried the Belkin's light might light up my bedroom and disturb my sleep.

I want to get another one for my office, but don't want to pay £55. Anyone have a recommendation for one that I can plug in to my laptops usb?? The USB port is a charging one that outputs 1.5A