Mophie power pack issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jmac92, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Jmac92 macrumors newbie

I just bought the Mophie power pack for my Iphone 4. Its fully charged, the issue is the power pack wont work on my phone. It will be all the way down on the deck but it wont give my phone a single charge! It works perfectly fine on my Ipod touch but not my Iphone 4. Any suggestions!?

2. gjb11 macrumors regular

Need a little more detail on this one, I have to juice packs and both work perfect.

3. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Same here - I have Mophie battery packs for my 4S and my kid's 3GS and both have worked flawlessly. Perhaps the pack the OP has simply has a defective battery?

4. kk2785 macrumors newbie

kk2785

mophie has a tech support you can reach here http://www.mophie.com/ts

Where did you buy the case? Almost all of the ones found on Amazon 3rd party sellers & eBay are fake and break really easily. :/

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I realize this is extremely basic, but I'll assume the OP has the little switch on the corner of the mophie battery turned on allowing it to charge the phone?

Now my question: I have a new 4S and purchased a Mophie Juicepack Air with it. I'm looking at that little switch wondering if I should leave it in the green (charge) position all the time allowing it to charge the iphone as soon as the iphone's charge starts to go down *or* should I leave it in the red position until the phone is just about dead and then turn it on?

Does leaving the Mophie charge switch in the green position all the time hurt anything?
    Thanks! :)

7. gjb11 macrumors regular

Read the instructions. Leave it in the red off position until needed.

8. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Although caution should be advised since the is a sample size of 1, I left the Juice Pack Air on my 3GS on charge all of the time. It seemed to have no ill-effects after 1.5 years. My hope was that it would protect the battery so that my kid would get a few years of using my 3GS as a hand-me-down phone.

Mophie do claim that leaving the switch on charge all the time wastes a little power (charging always costs power even if the main iPhone battery is full). However, it is not clear whether leaving the charge on all the time protects the battery as I have supposed or whether it might harm it. In any case, even with the JPA set for charging all the time, I do cycle the battery on our iPhones periodically as per Apple's guidance.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I could not find any in the package. The guy at the Sprint store put it on. Maybe he lost them...

I can see that as last I heard, it was good to run batteries down before recharging them.

10. michaelzg macrumors newbie

michaelzg

you know the Apple connection dock has 30pins in it, it should be well connected. I think it's not the battery problem, just the connection dock of the power pack was not good enough to connect your iPhone, try to fix it, hope it works