Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
Ha ha ha I couldn't care less and truly hope that these are Apple leaks to keep everyone guessing.
Lol @ "Apple Leaks" as if the world's largest multinational corporation is going to bother with such diversions. They don't care. That much is obvious if they're continuing to recycle their poorest exterior design for a third year in a row.

Same goes for this notion that they're "saving" something special for the 10th Anniversary iPhone. They're not saving anything. They were late to the OLED party and took longer than anticipated to lock in suppliers. Then they realized they may as well wait for the body overhaul when the new display arrives. I guess that's not very exciting for a rumors website but that's the most likely explanation.

It's time to put an end once and for all to using words like "innovative" and "exciting" to describe Apple. Replace them with "stale" "uninspiring" and "coasting" and we'll be closer to reality.

Reactions: Mildredop

emm386

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2016
In the days where we have phones capable of taking high-res pictures and 4k videos, why are we still looking at crappy low-res highly compressed "leaked" photos? Seriously.
The people to assemble you beloved high-end consumer products (aka your iPhone) are unfortunately the ones on the lower end of the economic food chain and unlikely to be able to afford the products they produce.

Injustice und inequality at its finest, but that's unfortunately how the capitalist supply chain works... to your benefit, by the way!

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
The people to assemble you beloved high-end consumer products (aka your iPhone) are unfortunately the ones on the lower end of the economic food chain and unlikely to be able to afford the products they produce.

Injustice und inequality at its finest, but that's unfortunately how the capitalist supply chain works... to your benefit, by the way!
I'm sorry, even cheap xiaomi phones have 8MP camera.
And please, this is not a topic for your higher morality BS.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
You couldn't be more correct. We all use our devices for different things. Some people don't need 64GB, for some, as you mentioned, 16GB is more than enough.

Oh and to the people that are complaining that a 16GB model exists yet again, are Apple forcing you to buy a 16GB model? No

Yeah. Apple is kind of forcing people buy larger storage phone.

First, not allow external storage. Second, iPhone is god damn expensive. An 16GB iPhone 6S costs 899CAD and 1029CAD for iPhone 6S Plus. Each storage bump costs 130CAD more. Many people choice 16GB simply because it is the cheapest option for them. They aren't necessarily happy with 16GB. Not lot of people willing to shell out 1000 dollars or more for a smartphone. Third, Apple pushed Live photo and 4K video, yet they still include 16GB as base storage. This is complete joke and it is way for Apple telling people: if you want enjoy all features of iPhone, get 64GB or higher.

As iOS gets bigger and bigger, camera gets better, apps gets larger..16GB does not fit 2016 anymore. Tell me which flagship these days starts 16GB or stats 16GB and not offer expendable storage? Only iPhone. Even midrange Moto G G4 starts 1080P screen and 32GB storage with expendable storage.

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
16GB base model with the same form factor AGAIN as the two preceding iPhones, and most likely commanding a premium price? With no US carrier 2-yr subsidies to help defer cost these days, it will be a very hard argument to justify upgrading from an iPhone 6 or 6S.
image.png

According to Google, S7 is the same price ($20 more actually), so why don't you try to peddle your garbage bs lies about "premium pricing" somewhere else.
We are smart enough here to know that most flagships weigh in at the same price. That kind of drivel doesn't work on us.

Reactions: Gigaman

Dr.Chroma

Suspended
Apr 11, 2016
I don't care on what the camera looks like. But please Apple, don't use 16gb anymore. I know they will continue to make it, as long as the consumer purchases it. But we need 32Gb or 64gb as a standard.

matjamca

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2013
St Helens, Merseyside, England
I can't quite believe Apple would release an iPhone 6ss i.e. A revised version of the current 6s. Especially if it's true that they've placed the largest orders with suppliers, ever (as also reported today).

I have a feeling Apple is trying to obfuscate the truth with different leaks. I think the case posted yesterday with 4x Speakers is probably closer to the truth, but I'm ready to take all this back.

33man

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
16GB is fine for the base model.

If you are a light user and make use of iCloud/Apple Music then 16GB is more than enough.

My parents have always had 16GB iPhone devices and they've never had any storage issues.

For business use, corporately owned and managed devices rarely need more that 16GB so it helps save costs here too.

Sorry 16Gb and 4k camera doesn't go together... I agree to have a 16 Gb model with 720p camera and cheaper iCloud drive + unlimited data plan. (Shame on me but that would be an iphone mini, with also a cheaper price like the mini Brad of samsung)

Some apps are taking a lot of space and it s a shame to stay in 2016 with 16gb and some Mac with physical drives 7200rpm instead of ssd... In this Apple world the guy that buy a 16gb phone is in fact subventioning the higher storage models...

Welcome to Apple world, a world were I don't agree to go live in...

Cwolk

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2015
NJ, USA
They won't do 16 GB. There would be too much outrage.

But you know that they will take lots of pride announcing that 32 GB is the new base. They'll probably have a 3 min video at the fall announcement showing what inspired them to generously give 16 GB more.
[doublepost=1464028925][/doublepost]
Apple surely is involved in these leaks that are different on a daily basis...
They're probably reading these comments right now deciding exactly which version to go with....
[doublepost=1464029118][/doublepost]
Maybe this will be the year Apple finally starts punking the rumor mill the way I always hope they will.
They create the rumor mill.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
View attachment 632568
According to Google, S7 is the same price ($20 more actually), so why don't you try to peddle your garbage bs lies about "premium pricing" somewhere else.
We are smart enough here to know that most flagships weigh in at the same price. That kind of drivel doesn't work on us.

S7 is hell lot better phone than 6S... Only 20 dollars more than 6S? Sounds like iPhone is overpriced one

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
The iPhone SE should be offered in 16gb. The iPhone 7/7+ should be a 32gb minimum. Why tout that your product can shoot 4k video if you can't even use that feature? That, and for a thousand dollars, you should offer more storage than my 2003 USB stick.

As for the title of this article. I hope that's a joke. Enough with the protruding lens. Make the phone 1mm thicker and put a better battery in there. It's like it takes a genius to figure that out.

Dr.Chroma

Suspended
Apr 11, 2016
All these iPhone 7 rumors is hard to keep up with. Usually we start seeing more concrete posts around August. But these are fun to read and see where we are at in terms of production.

Gigaman

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2011
Surely Jonny and his team know what negative space is in design? Can't expect fake leakers to know what that is though. :)

Last edited:

andeify

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
UK
The design just seems so "6S S" it looks like the least changed iPhone (whole number) ever.

Unless Apple is mixing it up and calling this a 6S Pro and 6S Pro Plus, then next year comes the major re-designed glass backed iPhone 7..

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
View attachment 632568
Shhhh, did you hear that sound? That was the point of my comment going right over your head. Android competition has NOTHING to do with what I was saying. Rather, it has to do with the iPhone 6/6S, and presumably iPhone 7 (if you believe the rumors), looking almost identical to one another. My question is, what will be the primary value proposition that begs consumers to opt for the more expensive and newer iPhone 7 when supposedly the aesthetics will mostly remain the same as the two preceding iPhones? Especially when cost conscious consumers will not have the financial benefit of a 2-yr carrier subsidy. Not a difficult concept to grasp.

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
Shhhh, did you hear that sound? That was the point of my comment going right over your head. Android competition has NOTHING to do with what I was saying. Rather, it has to do with the iPhone 6/6S, and presumably iPhone 7 (if you believe the rumors), looking almost identical to one another. My question is, what will be the primary value proposition that begs consumers to opt for the more expensive and newer iPhone 7 when supposedly the aesthetics will mostly remain the same as the two preceding iPhones? Especially when cost conscious consumers will not have the financial benefit of a 2-yr carrier subsidy. Not a difficult concept to grasp.

*sheepish grin*
Golly, me sorry....
I thought when you were making up garbage that is repeated on here ad infinitum that I could like, you know, take you at your word- that you meant what you said: the tired LIE that Aple phones sell at a "premium" price point over the other flagships.

Reactions: Col4bin

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
After a few years of denying iPhone buyers anything other than a few cheap "upgrades" Apple has beat us into submission. Each new rumor seems to suggest that this year won't be any different. :eek:

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
Sorry 16Gb and 4k camera doesn't go together... I agree to have a 16 Gb model with 720p camera and cheaper iCloud drive + unlimited data plan. (Shame on me but that would be an iphone mini, with also a cheaper price like the mini Brad of samsung)

Some apps are taking a lot of space and it s a shame to stay in 2016 with 16gb and some Mac with physical drives 7200rpm instead of ssd... In this Apple world the guy that buy a 16gb phone is in fact subventioning the higher storage models...

Welcome to Apple world, a world were I don't agree to go live in...
You are again thinking about people who want to make 4k video, wich 16 gb owner really do not want to...

A 16 gb owner is business oriented and it may even take very few pics and most of them using the phone as a scanner, so they could care less about 4k video.

Cole Slaw

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2006
Canada
Guess 16 gb will never die as long as penny pinching Tim is running the show.
But yeah, this could be legit; boring as **** design, protruding camera and of course the immortal 16 gb's of storage.
What a yawn-fest this company has become.
Tim and Apple's complacent and incredibly boring designer Jony Ive really need to go away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.