More. Armor Hybrid Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheiPhoneChick, Nov 14, 2011.

1. TheiPhoneChick macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

2. hizzaah macrumors 6502

pretty cool looking.. wanna see some reviews on it though.

gah! this site has done nothing to help my case addiction lol

3. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

Yeah I know what you mean LOL I have been in the accessories thread since I ordered my phone and haven't stopped. I can't find any reviews on it at all though, nothing.

I emailed the company to ask about reception issues so I will wait and see what they say about that.

4. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I saw this the other day and I really like it, but I think there's gonna be one major problem. They have a chrome ring around the camera/flash cutout. I can't see how that won't have huge issues with the flash.

Other than that, though, it's a classy looking case. :D

5. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

I didn't notice that about the camera cut out. That could cause problems! Man i wish someone would review it.

6. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

I sent them a message asking if they have any videos up about it, or if they'd be willing to lend out a unit to a macrumors user or two. Very sharp looking case from what you can see on the website.

7. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

This is a new case. I visit the more-thing website quite regularly and this wasn't on there last week, so you probably won't find a review on it for awhile. Cases from this company are always good quality, though I'm unsure about the camera cutout. Hope they'll send someone a review unit.

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

That and you're surrounding the phone with aluminum.

9. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I figured that went without saying...LOL. :D

10. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

I thought it was ok as long as the aluminum doesn't touch the antenna band and sice it has a polycarbate inner shell it would keep that happening. :confused:

Yeah that would be awesome if they sent out a few units for people to review because I don't think I want to shell out that much money without knowing if this case is any good.

----------

I just checked and the ring around the camera isn't chrome, it is the polycarbate shell from the inner shell of the phone so we should be ok with the flash, the cutout is a nice size.

11. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I've been in touch with them and hopefully they mail me a few items to review later in the week

12. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

13. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I hope that's the case, but why would they put the * looking thing on the camera opening in some of the pictures (that's supposed to look like a reflection of light)? :confused:

14. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

Yeah I see what your talking about, so we shall see when the review comes in. If it is a good case then i am on it!

15. dcell macrumors member

I was looking for a nice metal case and this one fits the bill. Very tempted to order but i think i'll wait for some reviews or hands on experiences :p

16. dcell, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011

dcell macrumors member

Well seems like no know is interested in this case but i took the plunge and ordered one 2 days ago. Got it in the mail today and i have to say it looks nice (got the alunimium & blue one). Very easy to apply, just click the 2 parts together with the iPhone ofcourse in it.

I did a quick test with reception and wifi and there seems to be no issues. If there is, maybe it's slightly but i did no notice a big difference like the reception dropping 2 bars or something like that.

I do own over 20 cases varying from China-cases to A-brands like Caze and Switcheasy but i don't have much other hands-on experiences with other metal cases other than my Pinlo United Titanium Limited edition (the one that also covers the back with aluminium).

More-Thing Armor it a bit bulkier and also feels a bit sturdier. Even though it's about the same idea compared to the Pinlo (backpart with metal covering the whole backside and a top part that's lay on table) it does give the phone a different look because of the colors. Holding it feels a bit different because of the Armor being a bit bulkier and because of the left side being a bit thicker beneath the buttons.

The metal won't touch the antenna because it's all plastic on the inside with the metal being applied over the plastic. Overall i really like this case though i'm saying this owning it since a few hours so i still need to discover the disadvantages if there are any.

17. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

Please post pictures of your phone in the case. I wanted to buy the exact one you did for my white iphone but wanted to see if it would impact reception!! You have me tempted to buy now.

18. dcell, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011

dcell macrumors member

Here you are, hope it gives u a solid impression of this case. As for final tests with reception, if you can wait a till monday i can definitely give u some results about the wifi and cellphone reception. At work there are rooms where i get 1 bar of cellphone reception jumping between 3G and no 3G. So i can test it out there on monday.

I do get the feeling metal cases affect wifi in a minimal negative way, it makes it more unstable when you are in a place where your wifi reception is kind of poor. Till now i haven't experienced noticeably drops in wifi or cellphone reception.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

That looks awesome. Can't wait for the final verdict. I will wait but it looks awesome!

20. dcell, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

dcell macrumors member

I've done some simple tests around my house, seems like it does have a bit impact on the reception. It's not like those horrorstories of the Vapors i've read about but there seems to be some interference.

On most places in my house i have 3 to 4 bars of cellphone reception if i don´t use a metal case. If i do use a metal case, be it the Pinlo United or the More-Thing Armor i am generally losing 1 bar of reception. So 3 drops to 2 etc. It's fluctuating a bit, sometimes it "drops" a bar, sometimes not.

Will try tomorrow if the phone can hold on to minimal cellphone reception at work. Usually it's clinging onto really minimal (1 bar ) of reception at some places at work. Hope it won't drop the signal.

21. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

22. slapppy macrumors 65816

I think thats the real ultimate test. Testing it in a location where you have 1 tiny bar without a case. If that one bar stays with a metal case on, then its a keeper for 24/7 use! :)

23. dcell macrumors member

technically it isn't without a case. I usually use TPU/silicon/plastic cases :D but those cases won't affect the signal at all.

a quick update, seems like with the Armor case, the signal stays alive and will not be totally dropped. At places where i have 1 bar of reception on 3G it does lose the 3G signal but it holds on to 2-3 bars of 2G, which is kind a strange because usually at those places i either get 1 bar of 3G or 1 or 2 bars of 2G.

The phone is currently on charge so i can't do any more tests till later today but i will get back at the end of the day with some information.

24. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

Ok great so far. Waiting until end of day thoughts. I appreciate you doing this. Thanks a million!!

25. dcell macrumors member

So here is the final verdict. It's by no means applicable to others but in my way of using, i haven't had any dramatic reception loss.

I lose reception at places where i normally don't have any reception like in the elevator at work and at places where i do have minimal reception it still hangs on to the one or 2 bars. Though i do have the feeling it's dropping the 3G a bit faster compared to no case/plastic cases.

I can't say it doesn't have an impact on the reception at all but if there is, it's really minimal :D