More celebrity Apple Watch owners

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tomaustin44, Apr 14, 2015.

1. tomaustin44 macrumors regular

Seems like quite a few celebs are jumping on the AW bandwagon. I know Pharell and Katie Perry have been promoting them, looks like Sophie Turner (Game of Thrones) has got her hands on one early as well. She's obviously a pretty big celeb off the back of GoT but hardly as big as the other two I've mentioned.. Wonder whether they've been approached by apple or if they can just request one... Either way looks like it's shaping up to be quite a big 2015 trend.

Anyone spotted any other celebs with them?

Attached Files:

2. sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

sahilpatel12

correct me if im wrong but is that (pic) from demo ui ? for sketchy

3. Piggie, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015

Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

4. tomaustin44 thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I thought but the caption suggests it's hers.

5. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Every single celebrity owning one, is another single reason not to yourself, IMHO :)

6. badazz33 macrumors 6502a

badazz33

keep on with your addidas watch you troll

7. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

You watch Top Gear the car series.
    They have their "Cool Wall" the cars that are the cool ones to own.

As soon as some pointless celeb or sports star buys one, that car instantly becomes un-cool and NOT the car to be seen with.

Same thing.

Oh and yes, I've just actually ordered a new battery for my watch. Took the old one out, ordered the new one and hopefully will be here tomorrow :)

8. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Can you say that one more time?

9. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

I've just noticed that the top strap isn't fitted correctly.

10. badazz33 macrumors 6502a

badazz33

good for you, not that anyone cares....but the better question i have for you is this, why are you here? to purposely speak so negatively about a product you do not have or obviously want.

11. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

You know what the opposite of cool is? Relying on someone else to tell you what is cool. That goes for celebrities wearing the watch and naysayers alike. Decide for yourself.

12. Rlong405 macrumors member

Probably why she has stainless steel but Katy Perry and Pharrell had editions. Interesting new game if people find some more celeb photos to see how big a celeb you have to be to get a pre release edition vs stainless steel.

13. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I'm afraid we almost all take style and buying queues from those around us, even if we are not directly aware of it.
    Same goes for our views on all things.
    We are products of the family/society we grow up in.

14. Ries macrumors 68000

You can't "get hands on" these yet. They get paid to wear them.

15. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Everyone has a Rolex. They are so uncool.

16. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Actually I'd not want a Rolex for that very reason.

You go online shopping or on Ebay and there are Rolex's for sale everywhere.
    I appreciate they are nice watches, albeit with a boring but reliable movement, but I'd rather have someone antique, old, and unusual that are hard to find, even if it's not that expensive, than just another 1 of many many thousand Rolex.

Mass produced and cheap I can deal with.
    If I spend real money I'd like something more unique if possible.

17. sterl320 macrumors 6502

Fixed that for you.

18. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

I wouldn't be surprised if she was at the store trying on the demo watch and excited for her watch to arrive on 5/24 just like we are... saying she's excited for her new Apple Watch doesn't men she's received the watch yet. It just means she's excited to have one.

19. tg81 macrumors member

And the unfortunate irony for Rolex is that because they became so popular as a target for knockoff makers, is that its hard not to make the unfair assumption that any Rolex you see on a wrist is a knockoff.
    Rolex's these days look like knockoff's - not because they look bad but because the knockoffs look so good.

20. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

That means nothing. I just searched Ebay for "Casio watch" and got well over 57,000 results.

21. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Indeed yes.
    But that's ok, in my book, as you buy a Casio because it's good value, and has always been a good brand name to go with for that type of watch.

If I was paying $1000's for a watch, I'd personally not want them churning them out by the 1000.

I'd rather have something different/unusual than the same old thing you see all over the place.

Same with cars. BMW, Mercedes, etc etc. Superb cars, but simply yawn inducing.
    Myself I'd rather own something different/quirky, less common place, something with a bit of character hopefully, even if it's not as technically amazing.

22. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

Why are you even in this sub-forum? You don't even own an iPhone. Go join the Nokia flip phone forum and make better use of your time then to constantly complain about something you aren't intending to buy.

23. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I may buy one in time when they get good enough for me to consider.

24. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

Why contradict what you're saying because the Apple Watch is being churned out by the millions and won't be unique or classic to your tastes.

Confused much?

25. Qrispy macrumors regular

Qrispy

What I don't understand is why anyone's even giving this Pig kid the time of day.