Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKing7

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Wishful thinking..
The iPad doesn't have any real leaked information coming out for it. And with only half way through the year since the last update, I'd be surprised if they wasted the last release to do another one so soon.

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
Except for all the apps that will start being updated to require iOS 6. Then what? If you restore, or want to install an app you don't currently have on your iPad, you're truly screwed. There's nothing cool or good about Apple obsoleting the original iPad after only two years. Don't try and convince anyone of that. Everyone expected at least another year of OS upgrades, just like all the other iOS devices have gotten. Let's pray this is not a precedent, and only a fluke because of the limitations of the first iPad. I fear, however, that Apple really is setting a new precedent in order to encourage a LOT more sales.

How many apps require iOS 5? I still use 4.2.1 just fine and the only thing that I've come across so far is facebook which requires 4.3 and won't update. That's it. This is on a 2nd Gen iPod touch. Much older/slower than your iPad

spookiewon

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
oh maybe i should finally take in my iPad for its dead pixel that never really bothered me but if its a silent tweaked iPad 3 then i might get one of those as a replacement.

the current iPad 3 takes forever to charge and does not charge at all when u use it at the same time. very annoying when u were used to the iPad 2

My first gen iPad didn't charge at all if you were using it either, nor does my Galaxy Tab. This isn't unusual. I don't find my "new iPad" takes any longer to charge than my original iPad did.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
My first gen iPad didn't charge at all if you were using it either, nor does my Galaxy Tab. This isn't unusual. I don't find my "new iPad" takes any longer to charge than my original iPad did.

really? my iPad 2 took literally half as long as the iPad 3 to charge and always charged while using it. oh well i got used to it by now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.