More Core 2 Duo MacBook Rumblings

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Continuing the ever-present hum of Core 2 Duo MacBook rumors, AppleInsider reports that the much-anticipated upgrade may come this week.

Some readers will recall that last week was filled with similar but less-certain claims. A page 2 report by MacRumors had pieced a few, apparently coincidental reports together that suggested an update may have been in the works by late last week. Even after that did not pan out, a European reseller claimed that Core 2 Duo Macbooks would be arriving for sale on November 13th. This claim is largely regarded as a spotlight grab, and there is no evidence that the reseller has any inside information.

The newest information published by AppleInsider reveals 3 Apple product numbers. The product numbers are in sequence, which is common for products in the same family, and suggests that the numbers will be used as the replacement numbers for Apple's 3 MacBook models. The new products are reportedly en-route to the U.S. this week.

AppleInsider has previously claimed that development of the models had been finished and was set for release before the beginning of the holiday shopping season at the end of November.

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Core Duo 2 Book

https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Continuing the ever-present hum of Core 2 Duo MacBook rumors, AppleInsider reports that the much-anticipated upgrade may come this week.

Some readers will recall that last week was filled with similar but less-certain claims. A page 2 report by MacRumors had pieced a few, apparently coincidental reports together that suggested an update may have been in the works by late last week. Even after that did not pan out, a European reseller claimed that Core 2 Duo Macbooks would be arriving for sale on November 13th. This claim is largely regarded as a spotlight grab, and there is no evidence that the reseller has any inside information.

The newest information published by AppleInsider reveals 3 Apple product numbers. The product numbers are in sequence, which is common for products in the same family, and suggests that the numbers will be used as the replacement numbers for Apple's 3 MacBook models. The new products are reportedly en-route to the U.S. this week.

AppleInsider has previously claimed that development of the models had been finished and was set for release before the beginning of the holiday shopping season at the end of November.
Wouldn't it be great if a graphics card appeared in these updates...?

iSMH

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2006
Memphis, Tenn.
...finally...

Apple has dropped the ball here. Now that most laptops ship with the same chips, Apple can't claim the "Mhz Myth" or anything like that. They will have to keep up to speed, no pun intended.

MXDT

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2004
...finally...

Apple has dropped the ball here. Now that most laptops ship with the same chips, Apple can't claim the "Mhz Myth" or anything like that. They will have to keep up to speed, no pun intended.

Werd!:cool:

You want intel chips.... well you're gonna have to keep up with the intel's fever paced processor upgrades Apple!

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Now that Apple has consolidated the portable line on Intel C2D processors, the line between the pro and consumer models are diminished. Perhaps Apple should combine the two lines into one with 4 models across the line, employing an updated MB enclosure.

Sanctus Irae

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2006
I mainly hope that they go up to 1GB of RAM with this. Maybe a minor hard-drive upgrade too. Either way, I'm buying.

But it looks that it'll be soon, and I'm freakin' excited.

Although I hate to say... Intel will keep updating and within a few months there'll be a new "best processor". I'm mainly hoping that I won't regret buying this as it's instantly upgraded.

randyharris

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2006
Slap a Core 2 Duo in it, bump it up to a 15 or 15.4 inch screen and watch it become Apples best selling notebook ever.

:)

psychometry

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2006
Slap a Core 2 Duo in it, bump it up to a 15 or 15.4 inch screen and watch it become Apples best selling notebook ever.

:)
And don't have a single 12/13in model in existence? I don't think so.

Some people want small form factors. It's a shame Apple thinks form factors and power are in a 1-to-1 relationship. Some people want powerful laptops with smaller displays (12in PB is no more) or less powerful laptops with larger displays (15in iBook is no more). Hopefully Apple learns to stop limiting themselves in this way. Think differently differently.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
...finally...

The other company's comparable machines to the MacBook Pro have C2D processors. The ones that compete against the MacBook don't for the most part. Apple didn't drop the ball.

sluthy

macrumors regular
May 13, 2002
Bundaberg, Qld. Australia
Does anyone in Australia (or anywhere else similar) know exactly when your education discount no longer applies for uni? Your last day of classes? Your last exam? Graduation day 2-3 months later? Because I should be finishing in February and I wanted to know how long to hold out. Will Leopard be out by Jan/Feb? Or at least a free upgrade for laptops purchased late Jan/early Feb?

mgauss

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2006
Where is my 2 lb Apple laptop?

Where is my 2 lb Apple laptop? Sony has one. Panasonic has one.

zigziggityzoo

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Does anyone in Australia (or anywhere else similar) know exactly when your education discount no longer applies for uni? Your last day of classes? Your last exam? Graduation day 2-3 months later? Because I should be finishing in February and I wanted to know how long to hold out. Will Leopard be out by Jan/Feb? Or at least a free upgrade for laptops purchased late Jan/early Feb?

The day of your last Exam. Or, your last day of classes, whichever is last.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.