More interesting o2 information...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roblawton, Nov 8, 2007.

1. roblawton macrumors 6502

Just some other bits of information which will be shown during the activation process, but thought I'd give everyone here a heads up anyway.

Call charges after you've gone over your free minutes are charged at 20p/min
    Text messages after you've gone over your free ones, are charged at 12p/sms

The small print in regards to data usage now says ''Your tariff includes a data allowance of at least 200Mb/month. After this a fair usage policy applies. Inclusive data applies to UK only''

- It's interesting that the 200Mb/month is still mentioned, although the addition of the 'at least' is a good sign!

Bolt-ons can be added to iPhone accounts - full information isn't known, but a link will be provided in iTunes linking to a page which shows what can be added.

2. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

3. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

About the Bolt Ons - Where did you find this information? Re-watching the UK iPhone activation video there appears to be no link for bolt-ons. Thanks.

4. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

I think the deal is that you have an allowance of 0-200MB a month. After this, the fair usage policy kicks in. The policy is the following:

5. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Data Terms:

Data usage is measured in kilobytes (KB). 1MB = 1024 Kilobytes (KB), 1024 MB = 1 Gigabyte (GB). Data usage is rounded to the nearest kilobyte on a daily basis and charges are rounded up to the nearest 1p.
    You are billed for the amount of data that travels over the data network. Please note that your bill may include charges for re-sent data packets and packets added to control the flow of data over the network.
    Your inclusive data allowance does not cover data roaming. Data roaming rates can be viewed at o2.co.uk/iPhone. Please note that you may be charged significant amounts for data usage if you use your iPhone outside the UK.
    Unlimited Data / WiFi Fair Use Policy: Your O2 tariff for iPhone allows you unlimited use of O2 UK’s Edge / GPRS networks and The Cloud’s UK Wireless LAN network, for personal internet use, email and Visual Voicemail (VVM) on your iPhone only. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes.
    You may not use your SIM Card in any other device, or use your SIM Card or iPhone to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable P2P or file sharing or use them in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers. If O2 reasonably suspect you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

6. roblawton thread starter macrumors 6502

The section where you choose your tariff, you should be able to scroll down, and theres all this information on that page.

It isn't shown in the video because they just choose the tariff.

7. alFR macrumors 68020

I'd read it as something like "You can use at least 200Mb each month, if you go massively over that we might have a word". I don't see that being any sort of limit to 200Mb.

8. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Nope - nothing's there!

Attached Files:

9. ascender macrumors 68000

Exactly. So long as you don't regularly abuse it, there's not a problem. That's what a FUP is.

10. roblawton thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, just double checked, there is a page where the title is ''Select your monthly o2 tariff''
    The page I'm referring to is titled ''o2 tariffs in detail''
    I haven't used it in iTunes, so I'm not sure how we get to that screen, but I can only presume if you click the FAQ button, all the details will be there.

I'd post the screenshots I've got and referring to, but I can't.

11. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Why can't you? Just put them on imageshack.us or put them as attachments on your post. Or email them to me and I'll host them (netgem21@hotmail.com)

12. roblawton thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, I mean I can't because it's training material provided by/to o2.

Hopefully all will be revealed in 26 hours... :D

13. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Ah Ok! :D I understand :)

14. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Hang on - if this means you work for O2 can I ask you a question? Do you know if Insurance is available for iPhone? I'm looking at CPW Lifeline as it also covers phone contract cancellation which O2 Insure doesnt.

15. roblawton thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not sure about O2 Direct, but you can get applecare with apple, and LifeLine insurance with Carphone Warehouse.

The iPhone is in Band 5, so costs £35.95 for the Lite option, and £40.95 for the Complete option.

hth.

16. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

And are you sure Lifeline covers it even though iPhone is billed by O2 and not CPW? And does it still cover cancellation? Also do you know anything about buying an iPhone in the future? Do I have to wait until the 18 month term finishes or can I upgrade mid-contract?

Thanks

17. roblawton thread starter macrumors 6502

It still covers it even though it's billed by o2.
    It covers handsets bought on any network from cpw - and they are all billed by their respective networks.

It still covers cancellation also, but I'm not sure how it works, so for that, I'd say call lifeline or speak to cpw when you buy the iPhone.

Not sure about upgrading/new iPhones as there's no hint of if/when they'll be coming out I'm afraid.

18. sparkyms macrumors 65816

& the credit check is through iTunes right (and do you need a credit card for that)? Someone was saying some dude in CPW said it was done in store?

Cheers.

19. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Ah ok, - it is on the O2 website but I'm just unsure of the wording. It doesn't state if the new iPhone has to be bought from O2 or wherever, etc... See what you make of it! :D

20. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Yeah, I read that thread. You do the activation at home but apparently CPW want you to do the credit check instore so you have no excuse if you need to return your iPhone.

21. snapper07 macrumors 6502

they want you to do a credit check in store but you still have to do it online when you register as well!

just cpw covering there butts

22. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

It's probably possible to pass the first and fail the second, depending on whether they use the same agency to do the scoring, and whether they're working on the same data - eg. CPW employee types wrong address, selects wrong job title, etc. etc.

Borderline cases I'd agree, but the first credit check seems entirely superfluous to me.

23. snapper07 macrumors 6502

totally i asked him if they use different credit people and he seemed to think they had the same ones even more pointless!

24. roblawton thread starter macrumors 6502

The first credit check done by CPW is a very basic one.

The one done by iTunes is basically a check on your address.

You don't have to put job titles, or salary details, or even job details into it.

25. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Is that on either? or just iTunes?

Sorry for the bombardment.