More iPhone 6 Plus Bending

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Konvictz, Nov 10, 2014.

?

Has Your iPhone 6 Plus Bent?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. No, But It Will Do Sooner Or Later

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, But It Might Do

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. No, It Will Never Bend

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konvictz macrumors regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwACxFrl5-E

This video shows many many more iPhone 6 plus which has bent.

Its barely been 1 month yet the bend iPhone numbers keep on rising. How many of our phones will bend in the coming months? Especially considering these phones are meant to last years.

I use my iPhone without a case and screen protector, I dont see why Apple spend millions to make a device thin, then I have to beef it up with a case because they couldnt get the structural rigidity right.

I unfortunately am forced to check if my iPhone 6 Plus has bent everyday, its one of those things where you know theres a real possibility. And the reports keep increasing.

The worrying thing is that people now apparently being forced to pay a lot of money to get their bent phones fixed or replaced by Apple.

This is outrageous.

People are using their iPhone Plus like they have used every other iPhone and other devices like Samsungs, yet this is the first phone to bend, without even trying.

9 cases of bent phones? Apple have done a good job keeping this quiet.

And seriously who on earth was in charge of the consumer reports experiment with the iPhone 6 Plus? It doesnt take a genius to know that 100% cases of the bent iPhones structural failure occurred near the volume buttons so who the hell decided it would be a good idea to test the strongest part of the phone, where there is good energy dispersion?

Seriously.

2. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Seriously? Stop with the videos. And the new threads every single day.

3. Bahroo macrumors 68000

So over a month since they launched, and only a few hundred photos online of bent phones? Out of over 30 million sold and shipped already? Half of them being what looks like violently bended and destroyed and just completly busted open , you should just relax

4. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

Do you have a bent iPhone? No? Then I'd suggest you stop worrying about it. You'll be a lot happier. Hundreds of thousands of us have the six plus and don't live in fear. If it happens, it happens, but in the end, it's highly unlikely.

5. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

Ok So people who's phone has bent through normal use, i.e. pockets, they are now being forced to pay for fix or replacement.

Thats definitely fair?

6. Vilacr, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014

Vilacr macrumors regular

7. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

This is why I just ordered my silver 64G 6 plus. So, I can bend it and have a very unique phone of my very own. My phone will bend like nobody else's so it will be very unique just for MEMEMEMEMEME. :rolleyes:

8. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Well how do you know what "normal use" its been through exactly? Alot of people do sit on their phones in their backpocket which is idiotic IMO, but , yes its not impossible that the phone can bend, surely it can, but is it very likely? Most likely not.

9. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Problem being, the majority of people with "normal use" bent iPhones, aren't really normal use anyway. No one is going to go online and state that they bent their iPhone on purpose or through something really destructive. It's just "normal use", right?
    That said, take it to Apple. Just as many people have gotten their iPhones replaced as have been turned down. But, let's focus on the negative portion, right?

10. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.