More iPhone-Related Announcements Tomorrow?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

We've heard some unconfirmed rumblings that Apple may be set to reveal two more announcements related to the iPhone on its launch day (tomorrow). The source is uncertain what these announcements could entail, or whether they concern already-leaked information (i.e. .Mac iPhone RSS Reader).

Of course, Apple has yet to announce iTunes 7.3, which is a requirement for the iPhone. One rumored feature of iTunes 7.3 is the ability to make iTunes custom ringtones, although this has since been disputed by ThinkSecret.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Well the original Apple set-up video site showed 8 tabs in iTunes.Then MacRumors folks started posting all over about it then Apple changed it back to 6 tabs so I'm guessing 2 more things will be announced tomorrow.

What..I don't know..

I do know iTunes 7.3 is required so..

benspratling

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2006
So today I made a reservation with a Mac genius at the genius bar and asked about the ringtones. He response was "I don't know." "We'll find out tomorrow." Followed by some smiling. At least that means Steve will say something tomorrow. (Crossing fingers)

noone

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2006
At least that means Steve will say something tomorrow.
Yes, at 11:59 PM Steve Jobs will announce that every iPhone sold will, thanks to it's built-in internet capabilities, switch over to iDominate mode allowing Steve to control the world!

bdj21ya

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
You can tell that even MacRumors forum readers are getting weary now--so few predictions or comments on such an open ended thread!

Here, I'll offer this: 80 GB iPhone announcement tomorrow at 12:00 PM Pacific Time!!! And a camera in the home button!!! :D

Sorry, just some of the more ridiculous ideas put forward during this craziness.

miketcool

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
California
How can Apple not afford to unveil something insanely great tomorrow with so many possible switchers entering stores with the hype. Tomorrow will ultimately go to a secret Mac that has enjoyed the focus on the phone and not the rest of the family. Its a gimmick, look over hear at the birdy....

mi5moav

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2004
I think we will all be pleasantly suprised tomorrow... or your money back.

RSS - possible
Ringtones - highly likely
Skype, Jah-Jah - no clue
Itunes Video Rentals - Doubtfull

I still think Steve has one more thing to pull out of his hat tomorrow.

:apple:

SheriffParker

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2006
The land of love
You can tell that even MacRumors forum readers are getting weary now--so few predictions or comments on such an open ended thread!

Here, I'll offer this: 80 GB iPhone announcement tomorrow at 12:00 PM Pacific Time!!! And a camera in the home button!!! :D

Sorry, just some of the more ridiculous ideas put forward during this craziness.
Have you been to the iPhone forum lately? Its madness.

bdj21ya

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Have you been to the iPhone forum lately? Its madness.
Yeah, so much so that Asar's amazing idea isn't getting nearly enough attention. My favorite announcement for tomorrow would have to be that THIS is already an included feature (not going to happen, I know, but here's hoping for a software update soon). :)

mi5moav

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2004
Ok, I can almost 100% say ringtones will be tommorrow in itunes

How???

Type in Anything into the itunes search in the store Elvis,Beck,Zepplin,LLCoolJ....BOOM the listing is their

but type in ringtone and itunes times out!!!

localoid

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2007
America's Third World
Ok, I can almost 100% say ringtones will be tommorrow in itunes

How???

Type in Anything into the itunes search in the store Elvis,Beck,Zepplin,LLCoolJ....BOOM the listing is their

but type in ringtone and itunes times out!!!
z0mg! :eek:

I typed in interstellar teleporter and it timed out too!

bdj21ya

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
I just typed "ringtone" in the music store and a bunch of them popped up for .99 cents each.

TRY IT
Hmm, that has definitely changed from earlier. Now there are a bunch of things from "Captain Audio", supposedly released 5/1/07.

bdj21ya

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
I think this Captain Audio stuff is a pretty clear sign that ringtones are coming tomorrow. But did these just appear today?

Search "Captain Audio", you'll have better luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.