More Mac OS X Builds, 10.3.9, Tiger.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Appleinsider reports that Apple has seeded another build of Mac OX 10.3.9 build 7W94 which is expected to be released "imminently".

Meanwhile, Apple's work on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) appears to be continuing with the most recent internal build at 8A432. Build 8A428 was reported to be declared Gold Master (10.4.0).

Despite no official annoucement from Apple on April 1, ThinkSecret maintains that Tiger will be released in April, but with a mid-month announcement and "shipping by the close of the fourth week at the latest".

ismar

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2004
Macrumors said:
Despite no official annoucement from Apple on April 1, ThinkSecret maintains that Tiger will be released in April, but with a mid-month announcement and "shipping by the close of the fourth week at the latest".

This was to be expected. It'll probably be announced at NAB and in stores about two weeks later. As far as i know Apple always announces new versions of Mac OS X about two weeks before they actually become available :)

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
Its ok, it was probably a couple of bugs that they wanted to make sure were right. Thats fine with me.

tamtam

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2004
Dont rush it

I would rather we wait for a bug free product than wait for the fix to a rushed product.

PubGuy

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2002
Apple always continues development of new builds, even after they are declared GM. Any new changes will be rolled into a 10.4.1 release via software update. This is not surprising at all.

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
Sudden Change in Tiger

Hmmm....seems strange after the almost certainty of the previous build going GM. Maybe it was wrong, always a possibility!!

Apple Insider are reporting that this latest Tiger build is for Mac OS X Tiger Server, and not the client version which they insist has gone GM...hmmm...now its getting confusing!!

April was supposed to bring some clarity to all these Tiger rumors and thoughts, turns out its making them worse!!! lol!! I guess the only time we will know for sure in April will be NAB....ah well...was hoping it would be before then (very hopeful I know!! hehe!)...but wishful thinking!!

If it is the client Tiger I guess it is still good news...fewer bugs n all!! Really hope it is April still though for a release...it seemed certain...but things seem to be slipping, I dunno...cant moan if its not ready! Just my impatience!!

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
PubGuy said:
Apple always continues development of new builds, even after they are declared GM. Any new changes will be rolled into a 10.4.1 release via software update. This is not surprising at all.

Ahh!!...That could be it!!! Sorted!!

Ringu

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2005
Question: If I buy a new imac after Tiger has been released, can I used the Tiger CD and install it on my Powerbook? (ie saving me buying a separate copy)

Little Endian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2003
Honolulu
I would rather have Apple take all the time they need given they can ship before the end of Summer. Remember Tiger has got to last us 2 years plus as we probably won't see a major Update of OSX until late 2007.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
iGary said:
Anyone else tired of looking at iPods?

Release something!
Yes the iPod effect is too big :mad:

They seem to be concentrating on them a lot more than HW and SW, and they should not even though it might give them some easy money...they should continue to be the leader in HW and SW instead :rolleyes:

And release a new rev of PowerMac apple ;) :p

klaus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
Belgium
Ringu said:
Question: If I buy a new imac after Tiger has been released, can I used the Tiger CD and install it on my Powerbook? (ie saving me buying a separate copy)
It's possible, but not legal.

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
I would like Tiger to be released by the end of April. The computer store on my college campus pre-orders it and only charges $29 for students. Classes end on April 29th and I will be home by May 1st.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Don't be a pirate, send your money to Cupertino

:)
Ringu said:
Not legally.... But so far, Apple hasn't blocked improper installations with schemes like activation.

mkjellman

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2003
well 10.4.1 will be very necessary I still have 3 open confirmed bugs with apple....there are so many interface issues and glitches

i just found one where the hide command actually hides another application and after that happens you can't open a certain application back from the dock...very very annoying

word has a lot of issues and i don't know how many of those lay in the hands of microsoft, but still a huge application, lots of issues

here's to hoping for 10.4.1

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Bring the cat!
Bring the cat!!
Bring the cat!!!
!!!!!1101!!! :eek:

:D

Keep the cat and let us suffer! :cool:

WWDC anyone else? ;)

J/K Bring the ***** cat!

klaus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
Belgium
mkjellman said:
well 10.4.1 will be very necessary I still have 3 open confirmed bugs with apple....there are so many interface issues and glitches

i just found one where the hide command actually hides another application and after that happens you can't open a certain application back from the dock...very very annoying

word has a lot of issues and i don't know how many of those lay in the hands of microsoft, but still a huge application, lots of issues

here's to hoping for 10.4.1
Are you running the GM build of Tiger? If so, how did you get it, since you can't be a member of the apple seed, because of the NDA.

Ringu

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2005
AidenShaw said:
:)

Not legally.... But so far, Apple hasn't blocked improper installations with schemes like activation.
Thanks, I wasn't sure. As I read something on here that said you could install Tiger on 2 computers without a problem.

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
FunkSpaceMonkey said:
This gives me a big rubbery one! ;)
Nice post-- you must be an Ain't It Cool News poster!

Turning to the thread topic, I still wonder if the gold master build is the one announced last week, or if Apple decided to either (a) use a later build for gold master, or (b) use the one from last week and almost simultaneously release 10.4.1 via software update.

iFaulder

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2004
Western Maryland
Ringu said:
I used my friends PowerMac G5 OS DVDs in my iMac G3 after my hard drive failed and it booted up and installed with out a problem.