More pictures of the iPhone 6s front and back appear online a

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Michaelgtrusa, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

More pictures of the iPhone 6′s front and back appear online as Apple ramps production

Attached Files:

2. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

And finally there are the smaller top/bottom and side bezels :cool:

Better pic
    [​IMG]

3. Dave245 macrumors 601

That looks like the 4.7" iPhone, where are the leaks of the 5.5" :(

4. 617aircav Suspended

I'm convinced there will only be the 4.7 and it make sense. Apple wont jump from a 4 to a 5.5. Not their style.

5. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

6. CharlieBrown-DE macrumors member

Hm, but not much smaller...

7. profets macrumors 68040

I still can't believe those lines on the back. Single line going across I can see, but the upper/lower ones that follow the curve, just too weird.

8. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I'm going with white/silver this time around I think.

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

It doesn't look wide enough and has the iPhone 5 'tallboy' look to me. I'm recently a convert to massive screens, having got used to my 8" tablet and may have to look towards to the Samsung Note this time around. A 5.2 - 5.9" screen is what I'm after.

10. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

The "iPhone 5 'tallboy'" look is merely industry standard 16:9... That you'll find with most Android handsets as well... including your Note.

----------

Disappointed by the side bezels. :(

11. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Why? I thought those were the best bit :D

12. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

I'm disappointed with the side and top and bottom bezels.
    Hopefully an updated Moto X or something with a better screen to phone dimension ration comes out before the 6 does so I can talk my wife into getting that instead.

13. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

It appears to be a cost reduction as well.

Instead of meticulous trouble to match rear gorilla glass panels top and bottom. It's much less effort to match the metal patches, which probably replace the antennas.

Top and bottom 'band' are cellular. And the two isolated rear metal patches are wifi/BT/GPS antenna.

This would also mean no dual stream MIMO WIFI. Would have been nice, not from a bandwidth needed aspect, but from better signal.]

Probably just get single stream 802.11AC, which will boost link speed from 150 to 433 which will give them a good couple slides to needlessly brag about.

----------

They are still there. There were early hopes for zero bezel, to keep the device thin and still fit in hand close to similar as 4/4S/5/5S etc etc.

----------

Nothing wrong with that, few people complain about the performance of TouchID, which requires button space at the bottom. The top rounds it out for symmetry.

----------

Needed for isolating antenna.

14. TC03 macrumors 65816

People keep using this argument over and over again, but it makes zero sense.

The height and width depend on the aspect ratio of the screen, which is 16:9. Almost every phone has this aspect ratio. The iPhone is no exception. Why people keep saying the screen is 'not wide enough', even though it's just as wide as every other phone, is beyond me.

15. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

I know I'm in the minority here, but asymmetry on a phone doesn't bother me a bit. I'd rather have an overall smaller phone, than a symmetric one.

16. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

[​IMG]

The latest S5 doesn't appear to have a 'tallboy' thing going on...

17. TC03 macrumors 65816

It's just not Apple's style. Let's just hope they put the extra space to good use (like a bigger battery).

18. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

19. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

Something I just noticed. Does the FaceTime camera look bigger to anyone else, or is that just an optical illusion?

20. cynics macrumors G4

Not really impressed with the design (same but bigger) however going from an iPhone 4S (3.5") to that will be awesome.

Unfortunately I need to use a pretty beefy case on my phones due to work and play. So the phone will be pretty massive, hoping some case manufacturers come up with some good ideas for good protection with minimal bulk.

21. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Probably getting bumped to 1080P.
    Its what 720p now?

----------

What does "tallboy" even mean. Such an odd word with no apparent meaning.

That S5 does indeed appear to have a 16:9 ratio just like iPhone 5/S/C and the rumored 6.

22. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

Long and skinny I would assume. The home button with symmetrical top bezel leads the iPhone to look much taller than other phones with similar screen sizes.
    If these rumors are correct, the 4.7" iPhone will be maybe the same width, possibly slightly skinnier edge to edge, but 10-20% taller than it's 4.7" competitors.

23. cynics macrumors G4

I agree tallboy is a silly term but the bezel size gives the appearance of the phone being tall. Google image S5 vs 5S. Even though the S5 is a bigger phone it has smaller bezels top and bottom giving it more of a square appearance.

Not a deal breaker for me personally and with the picture in this thread it looks like they did reduce the bezel or more accurately replaced it with screen.

24. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Leaked iPhone 6 is 138x67 mm. 2.06 times taller than wide.

Galaxy S5 is 142x72.5 mm. 1.96 times taller than wide.

... Seriously people...
    5.1% difference.

25. Madhawk macrumors regular

Madhawk

I agree...