More poor planning

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JimKirk, Mar 14, 2011.

1. JimKirk macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Apple has planned this poorly.

There was not enough quantity for a full launch and apple knew it.

My IPad has dust under screen so I call over and they say book genius appointment so I do. I call to ask if they have replacement units and they say they can't tell me.

So I get there and Genius says they don't have replacement stock. WTH

So I drive an hour for nothing and they have to order it with no eta on replacement.

Lots of hype

2. calvy macrumors 65816

You are being anal over a dust on the screen and upset that you can't get a replacement when hardly anyone else in the country can even get their hands on one?

Though I do agree with you it's not nice of them to tell you "we can't tell you if we have replacements" and then show up and find out they don't have any.

My advice is deal with the speck of dust for 15, 30 days, something like that, then try again.

3. JimKirk thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I understand and will but it just ticks me off they didn't tell me before I wasted an hour.

4. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Whatever you do, you shouldn't get mad at the person who's telling you they can't tell you. That sounds more like a corporate or manager rule, and the person who answered the phone is just following orders. I used to work in electronics retail, and it was so abusive how the customers got pissed at me when I was just doing my best and following orders. They should be mad at the manager of the store, that's what managers are there for.

It's really frustrating to go through that though, especially when dealing with a new product that's in high demand. It's like when the Xbox 360 first launched, no one could get their hands on one, and if you needed to exchange a defective Xbox, you were screwed until more were stocked when the first demand died down.

5. dudeman74 macrumors newbie

how does it get dust under screen? anyway to prevent it?

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Sorry, not much sympathy here. Anyone in their right mind would know the odds of getting a replacement iPad 3 days after a chaotic launch are slim to none. Personally, I wouldn't have taken "we can't tell you" for an answer. I'd have escalated the call to a manager and told him I was an hour's drive away and politely requested a straight answer.

You got no straight answer, but you drove all the way there anyway. The poor planning is on you, not Apple.

7. alan111 macrumors regular

i think the most poor planning was by verizon. Their sale implementation was atrocious. Ordered at 5pm in Verizon store and now they claim that they wont ship for another 2-3 weeks. Bunch of low life liars. I'll just stick with an ATT version.