Morning or Afternoon release for next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Mar 23, 2009.

?

What time of day would you like to see the next iPhone released?

1. Morning

31 vote(s)
    62.0%
  2. Afternoon

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I liked the evening launch.

Base your votes off of the previous launches in EST.

iPhone = 6PM
    iPhone 3G = 8AM

2. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

3. Andruw91 macrumors regular

Whatever makes it easier for me to get the new iphone. I could careless about time. I just have a feeling whenever it comes out I'll be at work and end up waiting a few weeks after before it's in stock for me to buy.

One question about the release, since the 3g is available at Walmart and Best Buy now, do you think the new one will be available there on day one or just at Apple and ATT stores?

4. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I'm pretty confident that Apple stores and AT&T stores will be the only ones getting the new iPhones for the first few weeks.

5. 03sho macrumors 6502a

6. Andruw91 macrumors regular

Guess I should use the $175 Best Buy gift cards that I was going to save for the iphone then huh.

7. ScottSFA macrumors member

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Because I was stuck in the Bullring Apple Store for almost 9 hours trying to get my O2 account activated, I hope it will be a morning release.

I would have missed my train home if the store had opened in the evening. ;)

9. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

Morning. I hate waking up on the day of an Apple announcement and still having to wait a few hours for it. Bugs the hell out of me.

You couldn't care less*

10. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Doesn't matter to me as I have a vacation day dessignated for whenever it happens. All I need is a date so that I can ink it in!

This will be my first "iDay" and I'm stoked! :D

COME ON JUNE!!!

11. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

12. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

I say a mid day release. Around 4pm something like that. It would be better because people wouldn't die of heatstroke in front of an apple store waiting for an iphone. If u think this is stupid don't bash me. Just my thoughts

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Who cares? Either way, I'll see a bunch of idjits waiting on line for something I'll walk in the next morning and get in 5 minutes.

14. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

[Hijack]
    Seeing as you felt the need to correct him, you do know that he used that expression properly right?

I couldn't care less was an expression coined in Europe. The negative was dropped in the U.S. because the expression “As if there was something in the world that I care less about” was more popular. The two combined to make "I could care less." A sarcastic tone.

By definition, it may be nonsensical, but every one knows what is meant. It is meant to be said, not written. You guys are just being redundant every time you correct some one who uses it.

I will be checking to make sure you never order 'a panini' from Panera, seeing as you would be ordering 'a sandwiches.'
    [/Hijack]

15. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

As I said, it is nonsensical. It was meant to be taken sarcastically. It has been said that way for 40+ years here in the United States. Curse the people who started it, not some one who is using an old expression.

16. takenthesmeg macrumors member

It took me all day to get my current iPhone activated. Plus I like getting up before other people to ensure I get one in the first round. A night launce would mean that I have to skip work to get in line - not going to happen. I think a morning launce is best.

People: If you are not buying on launce day then of course you don't care. Think about it.

17. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Morning. The launch day for the 1st gen I got some wicked sunburn waiting outside for several hours. The launch of the 2nd gen was nicer to have in the morning, although it took forever to get in to the store even though I was only around #30 in the line.

Regardless, I am NOT picking up the 3rd gen iPhone on launch day this year. The release of the 1st gen had a lot of issues with activation and it took me a while to get my iPhone up and running. The 2nd gen release actually ended up being worse because of the in store activation and activation server issues which held up the line. I'll be happy enough waiting a week or two before picking up the 3rd gen, assuming it has enough hardware improvements that I can't resist.

18. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I thought I had weird threads.

I'm betting on Summer sometime.

19. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Some people work.

20. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

They will still get em, just not on launch day. Wait a few weeks,

21. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

At least your posts allow people to engage in meaningful and informational conversation

22. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Source?

Because I have never heard that. It sounds more like a retroactive story made up to make people feel better about having said it wrong.

If you can show some source for your story, I'll shut up. But until then it sounds entirely made up.

23. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I don't care which, but i hope that you don't have to activate in the store. That made the wait soooo long last time. Plus, it would be nice if they had a way for people to pick out their accessories ahead of time, cuz that was exasperating too, as some people just couldn't decide.

24. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

It was just something we covered in a semantics course at the University of Wisconsin.

Why would I make up a retroactive story to 'cover my butt' when I was not the one who said it? :D

Found this though..