Moshi ClearGuard Keyboard Protector

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dj2mc, Nov 25, 2010.

1. dj2mc macrumors member

dj2mc

Moshi Keyboard Protector
    [​IMG]

Just ordered me one out moments ago. The area I live in has a lot of dust that gets through ac/heat vents and eventually accumulates on everything possible, and to add to this I have pets and their hair is annoying especially every time I open my MBP up I see it everywhere. So I decided to go with one of these, reviews are solid and everyone seems to be happy. Can't wait. This should be an accy on everyones list.
    When my order arrives I will do a review on this and let everyone know how it goes.

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

To be honest, it looked near invisible and did the job for the first few months. After washing it however, the material looked cloudy and plain tacky. Maybe it was the way I handled it but do let me know your review on the product over some use, thanks.

3. dj2mc thread starter macrumors member

dj2mc

Good information, and from a previous owner standpoint.. would you recommend this to anyone? Set aside the cleaning hassle? And I definitely will let you know on the review.

4. dj2mc thread starter macrumors member

dj2mc

Apple always find ways to make their customers happy. In this case, I ordered 2 of the Moshi covers, and they charged me for one and gave me the other free. Very cool. Their customer service is +1
    :)

5. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

Yea I've got one of these covers, started out looking great, now not so much. However, still looks better than most of the other protectors out there so I'll stick with it.

6. dj2mc thread starter macrumors member

dj2mc

Appreciate the input.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Just make sure you don't wash it because then it gets wrinkled.

8. dj2mc thread starter macrumors member

dj2mc

Thank you.
    Any suggestions on how to clean it? Do you think something w/ low contents of oil?

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I really don't know, but all I know is that water and soap will wrinkle it. Also, when you store it, put it flat, because it will crease.

Maybe you will find instructions on how to clean in it the box.

10. dj2mc thread starter macrumors member

dj2mc

Good info nonetheless. Thanks.