Moshi iGlaze case & customer service is awful!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Noctilux.95, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Noctilux.95 macrumors 6502

Seriously, 2-3 weeks in use and the case just chipped by simply opening the display in a normal fashion. The chipped area has now expanded and getting worse by the day.
    Whats worse is the company has not respond to multiple of my emails detailing (with photos) the cracked case. I called the Apple store in Pasadena (where it was purchased) and got no help from them either. Ironically Moshi offers a lifetime warranty, assuming you can get in touch with them.
    This is a black moshi case for the 15" Macbook Pro Retina.

Any help would be appreciate it.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

I prefer to using aluminium skin premium from xgearlive than using moshi or smartshell.

crack of iglaze will make you crazy, it's not cheap right?

3. Noctilux.95 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, moshi is the most expensive of all the cases on the market. Their quality and customer service isn't worth a nickel, though.

4. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

I had 3 different Moshi cases for my 15" Retina and returned all of them due to the same fitting issue. The bottom piece would always be bending out. Plus, the 3rd one started cracking exactly where yours did but a different type of cracking.. like the rMBP was forcing the curve of the case out so you could see tiny little scratches.. I guess it's fate would be the same as yours if I did not return it.

Ended up buying a clear Speck smartshell even though the reviews weren't that great and knowing it would be full of scratches in no time. Truth is, it fits perfectly, the scratches are, in fact, there but it protects the rMBP and it's still in one piece and that's what matters the most.

5. Moshi, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013

Moshi macrumors newbie

Moshi

Hi there,

Dan from Moshi here. Really sorry to see that happening with your iGlaze hardshell.

We stand by our limited lifetime warranty and want to make sure you're taken care of. Please message customer.service@moshicorp.com or provide me your ticket number so we can get in touch and resolve this for you.

Thanks,

Dan

6. Noctilux.95 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dan,

I emailed you (AGAIN) on this same email and (AGAIN) no response from you or your company.

7. Moshi macrumors newbie

Moshi

iGlaze

Hi there,

Really sorry that you're so frustrated.

If your emails have successfully gone through, you should've received a ticket number from our original automated response. If you provide me with that, I can look into your situation.

Also, if you're able to provide your email address, we can be in touch at the soonest possible opportunity.

Thank you,

Dan

8. Noctilux.95 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dan,

I emailed you again, and again you did not respond. How long can this go on?

9. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

Lol, Moshi customer service -> pretty amazing :rolleyes:

10. Moshi macrumors newbie

Moshi

Customer service

Hi Jose,

We don't have any tickets open under your name or the email you provided. Customer service has reached out to you, so you should have no trouble resolving your issue with them. Make sure you check your spam folder so you don't miss it.

Thanks,

Dan

11. Noctilux.95 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dan,

I have checked my email boxes multiple times and don't have anything from your company. Why don't you just forward the email me you sent to me again.
    BTW my name is not Jose.

12. iPhonemaster5S macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

Wow I probably won't be buying from Moshi now considering that they cant get your name right.

13. Noctilux.95 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just got a email from Moshi with instruction for a replacement.

14. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

Lol, if contacting directly with Moshi over MacRumors took this long to solve the issue, I wonder how normal customer support might be.

15. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

+1

16. arrowtree macrumors member

did you ever received a replacement from them? did you have to pay return shipping to ship the broken case back to Moshi?

Thanks! :)

17. Noctilux.95 thread starter macrumors 6502

I got a new replacement shell but had to pay for return shipping.

18. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

Seriously? LOL, that is ridiculous. So you pay for a product that is defective and you're obliged to pay in order to get a replacement under warranty? I don't even know what to say about that.

19. Leisyu macrumors member

ahahahaha, this is funny, awesome customer service indeed. hahahaahha.

20. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

21. arrowtree macrumors member

Is their customer service dept manager's name Begonia Payne-Diaz?

;)

22. cvest macrumors newbie

My case cracked in a similar fashion not a week after receiving it. I emailed Moshi and received no response, then i resent the e-mail, received an immediate response and was taken care of by Moshi. All I had to pay was like 5 bucks to ship it across the U.S. They did not require me to pay for return shipping. I was very pleased with Moshi, i even emailed them at 11 PM and received a distinct answer.

23. arrowtree macrumors member

wait a second, why did you have to pay any money to ship it back if you just
    received it one week ago? the seller should be responsible, no? :confused:

24. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

Very happy with Moshi because all you had to pay was $5 to ship it? What the hell is wrong with you, people? You bought a product that was defective and you still have to pay to see it replaced.. and you're happy about it? :confused:

I have a Speck case. First one cracked on the bottom, emailed Speck, they asked for pictures, sent me a new one from the US to the EU, no money asked at all. That one cracked as well, unfortunately, emailed again, pictures asked, pictures sent, they shipped a new one, no money asked again. That is great customer service.

25. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

That is paying for return shipping.