Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oplix, Sep 23, 2017.
Glass is glass. Really don’t know what you were expecting.
Most durable does not mean withstands any abuse.
Glass seems to be reasonably strong
lol the apologizing begins..hahahaha
Honestly, I have some nice glasses and some cheap glasses in the cupboard. Both will shatter if you drop them on cement, but the nice ones have never shattered while ice was dumped into them
--- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2017 ---
I’m not apologizing. You drop a Samsung with a glass back, it can shatter, same with an iPhone. Don’t drop your $800 device. Or at least be semi smart and get insurance if your clumsy. I have no doubt I’ll end up shattering the back of my 8+, but I have insurance and I’m not too worried. Did you know if your crashed your car it’ll crumple?
--- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2017 ---
Most durable doesn’t mean never damaged.
This comment encouraged me to glance at your posting history, and it's exactly what I would have expected from someone crying "apologist". You obviously have no intent of even considering the iPhone 8, so I'm not sure why you're so invested in trashing the phone.
Do you seriously have anything better to do with your time than sit here and complain about a product you probably don't even own? It's a phone with a glass back so if you're smart enough to put two and two together I think it's reasonable to expect results like this. 95% of people put a case on these phones. The other 5% most likely have insurance or AppleCare so they don't care anyways.
I will say that Apple did advertise a durable glass, which can be interpreted as in "hard to crack," but obviously does not say that.
Consider also that Apple makes a lot of money fixing cracked screens.
But, at the end of the day, we all know glass cracks, and I wouldn't expect the phone to survive many drops.
I wonder... what are you doing on iPhone forums exactly? If you were so secure in your decisions over the years you wouldn’t feel the need to troll forums. Time for a new hobby
"Agent Smith, your time is over. Glass may break, but not being able to bend
the phone is still considered durable. Oh by the way, Smith, use the case."
This. Now this is dumb.
So let me get this straight, a 7 foot tall person can slam iPhone 8 to the ground 3 times from waist high without it cracking or showing any permanent damage? Sounds like a great product.
It seems pretty durable.
The guy actually did multiple drop test, with the same phone, before there was substantial damage.....
If you drop your several hundred dollar glass-backed phone 4 times from waist height and expect that it’s not going to break...you’re a basic idiot. I can’t even watch these clickbait videos.
The bending and scratching videos, while annoying, are at least semi-informative.
I thought bending test was decent. At least people don't have to worry much about bending.
Glass is going to break. I don’t care if IronMan himself made it.
I’ve hard 4 phones with glass backs as far back as 2012.
None has broken glass. Pretty sure I can expect the same results From my iPhone 8+.
Always cases, but that’s more to protect the device’s value for trade. Beat up gear is harder to dump for top dollar.
Thank you. Products like that should have cases, but there are people who are actually very careful and maintain good condition.
I’m more interested in it being more resistant to the little scratches my iPhone 7 has all over the screen. Hopefully that is the case. A drop is a crapshoot no matter how durable the phone is, there will always be a chance.
I dare anyone to drop a glass cup from waist height and be surprised it shattered into tiny pieces on the first drop. Glass is glass, 3 drops and no damage? Sounds pretty good to me.
He has no friends maybe? lol