Votes: 72 12.5%
  • White/Silver 64gb

Votes: 45 7.8%

• Total voters

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
16GB white, was originally going black, but then all the scuff stories came out so I decided to see them both before deciding, saw them, decided the white had more class, looked more expensive, so white it was.

16GB because when I travel my movies are on my 32GB iPad, iPhone for streaming, (unlimited data plan) iPad for storing. Never had more than 5GB of music I wanted to listen to at any one time.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
You do realize that Apple sells 4 16GB models for every 1 32GB and every 1 64GB right? Just ask them about it, they're not secret. My friend works in supply chain for them, and with iPhone 4S and The New iPad, they were selling 5 16GB for each 1 non 16GB. People want the flashy toy but in the cheapest way, even if it's impractical. 16GB is silly in a world of HD video, but hey, people want to be the real housewives of _____ even though they are unemployed and single.

Robin Chung

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Netherlands
Here in NL 16GB orders are shipped way sooner than any other model. Is Apple making more of the lower capacity ones? Or just coincidence?

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Here in NL 16GB orders are shipped way sooner than any other model. Is Apple making more of the lower capacity ones? Or just coincidence?
Wouldn't be surprised since most non-tech want cheaper and don't see the value of 32GB for an extra $100 (don't know the price diff in NL but probably a bit more).

Me: after two 32GBs I went 64 this time. Only 5GB free space left on my iP 4 & didn't feel like dumping music or apps plus apps seem to be getting more and more bloated as graphics and proc power improves so don't think the extra space will go to waste.

JodyK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Atlanta suburbs
I posted that on my computer when he posted this thread. A little late there aren't you?
Well I pulled this post on my iPhone and didn't see a poll ... Clicked on desktop version and there it was. Didn't realize polls didn't show up on mobile version. If you already knew this whooooo congrats I'll email you some cookies but this was news to me and probably a lot of other people that didn't realize this!

kousuke18

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
16gb is more than enough for me. I previously purchased a 32gb iphone 4 at launch because they ran out of the 16gb models. I never came close to filling it up but I did have my entire music library (~2100 songs) on it of which I probably only really listened to like 200 of them lol

tengorazon

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2012
People want the flashy toy but in the cheapest way, even if it's impractical. 16GB is silly in a world of HD video, but hey, people want to be the real housewives of _____ even though they are unemployed and single.
Lol I have plenty of disposable income and opted for the 16GB. I don't download HD videos to watch on my phone (if I have time to watch a video, then I'm probably near a TV), see no reason to load my entire music library onto it (my current playlist is around 300 songs), and wouldn't keep thousands of photos on it (I currently have 179). E-mail and web browsing are my primary uses for the phone. Picture taking, listening to my current playlist, and ordering food through apps are secondary. The rest is tertiary. If I ever start to run out of space, I'll just transfer stuff to my computer.

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
I would say, the women aren't really active on a tech based forum so I would say, the white iPhone is much more popular than you can see in the poll. :apple:
btw, I also bought the white version cause of this scuff thing of the black metal back...

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
others have already touched on it, but outside of the forums Black 16gb models outsell probably all the others combined.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Lol I have plenty of disposable income and opted for the 16GB. I don't download HD videos to watch on my phone (if I have time to watch a video, then I'm probably near a TV), see no reason to load my entire music library onto it (my current playlist is around 300 songs), and wouldn't keep thousands of photos on it (I currently have 179). E-mail and web browsing are my primary uses for the phone. Picture taking, listening to my current playlist, and ordering food through apps are secondary. The rest is tertiary. If I ever start to run out of space, I'll just transfer stuff to my computer.
Yeah, the SGS III comes with 16gb and is plenty for most people. I don't think most have tons of video and music on their devices, so for most 16 gb suffices. I only chose the 64gb because the total cost of entry is 25% more for each size increase, but the TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP (cost for 2 years) is less than a 4% cost increase between 16, 32, and 64gb. People in America don't look at the fact that they're spending $2500 (really $1800-3500 for average users for a 2 year contract depending on discounts) for the "package" so an extra $100 equates to such a small bump in cost... but most americans only see monthly payments\finance breakdown, not true cost. It's why this country is in the sad shape it's in.