Most realistic iPhone 5 concept.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Muro, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Muro macrumors 6502

In the last couple of months we have seen a lot renderings/mock-ups seen coming by.

Based on all the rumours, cases we have seen. I think the one in this article is actually the most realistic one.

http://thisismynext.com/2011/09/05/iphone-5-reservation-deutsche-telekom-launch-release/

Would you be pleased after the long wait and willing to buy it if it would come out like this. I think the design is nice enough to get one at releaseday.

2. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

To be honest this one is my favourite...

Although.. something tells me that it will more like a smaller version of the new iPad...

But.. we will see...

(Who knows... maybe the store manager I've been interrogating for the last 2 weeks is just saying things.. so that the pain may stop...)

3. twitt3r macrumors 6502

That's all it needs to be. A design that tapers is not particularly desirable for something designed to be held in the hand both portrait and landscape.

Who knows? Maybe in the future we will get an "iPhone Note"? Or will that be the "iPad Note"? Over 5" of what most people on here argue as pointless screen size for a phone...but it's not a phone, it's a crossover device.

4. Muro thread starter macrumors 6502

Although I like the design I also think its not that practical. And the iPadish form is more likeable. But what about those damn cases from China, they clearly suggest a tapered design. Maybe they are indeed for the next gen iPod.

5. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

its not the most realistic.. it's just deformed side view of iPod touch..

6. tann macrumors 68000

I don't like this one much, I think it wouldn't be as nice to hold in your hands when gaming in landscape!

7. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Agreed. I'm sure device and bezel symmetry will play a big role, as it always has with every iPhone, iPod touch and iPad to date.

8. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

We have a winner. Think (SJ Zen Master.) What is it? It's a mini iPad 2. Perfect design for product recognition, consumer appeal, Brand Solidification.

A fine example of Feng Shui. ;)

9. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

When I first saw this design. I really liked it. But now I have grown to HATE it. I mean, I'm sure its gonna look something like this but you can't have a screen that extends out to the very edge like that. It would become so annoying because every time you picked up the phone you'd be registering all kinds of false touches, etc. I also want a back that looks just like the iPad 2.

Funny thing is all these rumors will be answered really soon! I cannot wait to see it. I think it's going to be more beautiful then any of these concept designs.

10. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Thats what I'm hoping for.

Yeah, it makes no sense to unbalance the phone.

All it needs to be is a small iPad. (iPad 2 mind) :D

11. twitt3r macrumors 6502

iPad Nano with 3G/4G ;)

12. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

13. sNuRkLe macrumors newbie

sNuRkLe

14. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design. Bad Design.

Do you get the point!? Hate it!

15. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I can't imagine that tapered bottom comfortable to hold.

16. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

17. LoganT macrumors 68020

Tell me, when you pick up your current iPhone does it register all kinds of false touches? Doubt it, as the screen is usually locked when you pick it up. That's a complete non-issue.

18. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

19. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

That is not very aesthetically or ergonomic, in my eyes.

20. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

21. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

22. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I hope, you're right.

With recent rumors, it seems possible.

23. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I really hope it doesn't end up looking like this. The tapered wedge design looks terrible and I'm willing to bet i would feel terrible too.

IMO, I think the next iPhone will be taking design cues from the iPad 2 and end up looking more like this. I prefer this to the wedge design by a fair margin.

24. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

This is the slickest-looking mockup ever, IMO:

[​IMG]

25. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

This looks good (source?). I really wonder what material Apple will use on the back this time.