Motivation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MultiMediaWill, Oct 3, 2011.

1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I think apple's successfully tricked us all. All this 4S hullabaloo the past few months is just Apple toying with our rumor reading minds as payback to the lost iPhone 4 that was found oh so long ago.

- You don't wait 16 months for just a speed bump.
    - You don't let your iconic ceo step down and have you're replacement, which everyone in the tech industry will be harshly judging, launch your next, and most anticipated product being only a speed bump.
    - You don't release iOS 5 and iTunes 10.5 with a product named 4S.

They also need to redesign it just to shut people up about the antenna. If it has the same form factor everyones just gonna be complaining about their cell reception when the thing comes out regardless if there's a problem or not.

Anyway, I bet those at Apple are just grinning thinking about how well they have kept this thing under wraps, and can't wait to hear Cook say up on stage "one more thing..."

2. Uln4321 macrumors regular

3. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Wow, what a unique and interesting opinion!

Feels all dirty inside for giving in to the excess post sarcasm bit.

4. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I agree! Something doesn't seem right if it's just a slight upgrade. I mean, come on, it's their best-selling phone.

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You don't prematurely leak a jailbreak that's had countless hours put into it by someone else. :D

6. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

What makes you all think the 4S would be just a slight upgrade? Sure it would be the same on the outside, but all the internal changes would be the same as if it were an iPhone 5

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

ohhh. tempting. given the rumors and everything, i did not consider there being a "one more thing" scenario - i thought everything was already out on the tables...

8. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

lol... old.

9. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I know. I just had to. I was never mad about it. I was just happy to have it.

10. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Hey, haven't seen you post here in a while! :)

And I agree with your points, they make sense, hopefully you're right

11. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

The past few weeks has taught me one thing.

Macrumors posters ARE REALLY GOOD AT MAKING LISTS OF STUFF.

[​IMG]

12. LoganT macrumors 68020

I think exaggerated sarcasm is the only way to do it online. It's far better than "[/sarcasm]" followed by a douchebag icon like ":rolleyes:"

13. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

The iPhone (both iterations) is their only phone.

14. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Let's be realistic. Steve stepped down from CEO on August 2011. Tim Cook has only been the official CEO for 1 month. If Apple really wasn't working on a redesign, how would you expect him to make one in a matter of 1 month?

15. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

My opinion is that Jobs stepped down for pure strategy. I won't deny he is sick, but why didn't he step down after the iPad 2 was announced, he was definitely more frail. Why not after WWDC? Even more frail at that point. No, he stepped down less than a month away from Fall, when Apple was set to launch iOS 5, iCloud and most likely the new iPhone. I think he stepped down so that Tim is able to introduce something revolutionary, and he won't look like a bad replacement.

This is my opinion.

16. Mackbook702 macrumors member

Or...he knows what a letdown tomorrow will bring and instead of getting his raincoat he just left completely before being hit by the *****storm O_O

17. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

I have the same observation as you do. There will be a new iPhone 5 tomorrow. Tim Cook will unveil it and it will keep all stock investors happy while making Tim Cook look like he is the MAN after SJ's departure. You are smart to make this assumption because $ is apple's bottom line and no way are they gonna sit around for 16+ months waiting to let android leap ahead.