MOTONOW Motorola Event - No iTunes Phone

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iLounge reports that within the first five minutes of Motorola's MOTONOW event in Chicago, Illinois, Ed Zander read a statement from Apple indicating that the iTunes Phone would not be unveiled today.

Instead a separate music event "within the next 66 days" will be used to launch the Motorola iTunes Phone.

Speculation around the web had pointed to this event being the launching ground for the long anticipated Motorola phone. Another possible event that has been listed is the V Festival of music which takes place August 20th-21st.

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
This better not be an opening for the Napster service to be integrated into a mobile handset before iTunes (service, app) is.

mvc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2003
Outer-Roa
Man this phone is taking so long to arrive it oughta be made by Microsoft

Apple Longphone :)

SiliconAddict you beat me to it :p

BTW, what a pair of zealots we are, Apple drags it's feet and we still find a way to blame Microsoft.

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
Wake me up when this thing is actually announced. If I hear another "not yet," or "coming soon" I'm going to lose it.

Funny thing is I never really cared in the first place. :rolleyes:

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
quackattack said:
Wake me up when this thing is actually announced. If I hear another "not yet," or "coming soon" I'm going to lose it.

Funny thing is I never really cared in the first place. :rolleyes:
Well Said, Couldn't Agree More. I'm more than happy w/ the Moto V3 Razr I have now.

aria505

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2005
Does anybody really even care anymore? This phone hasn't even been out and i'm sick of it.

Object-X

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2004
I give up.

This is why Apple shouldn't pre-announce stuff. Forget it. This is taking way too long. I just bought a RAZR for $150 with a $150 rebate. So :p

mainframe

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2005
Sydney,Australia
considoring that 3g phone will NOT be released in the usa, i doubt that is it.

but since im an aussie, it will be my next phone ;)
i dont need an ipod phone, i have an ipod for that, and i hate candybar styled phones, and im not too impressed with the leaks ive seen so far of the mobile version of itunes.
so meh...stuff it.

im waiting for apple to roll out 10" ultraportables like the sony t's and the fujitsu p7010.
i have a feeling i will be waiting a long time though :(
im getting rather annoyed with apple lately, i adore them...dont get me wrong..but argh

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
mvc said:
Man this phone is taking so long to arrive it oughta be made by Microsoft

Apple Longphone :)

SiliconAddict you beat me to it :p

BTW, what a pair of zealots we are, Apple drags it's feet and we still find a way to blame Microsoft.
you mean "Apple VistaPhone"

In case you haven't heard... its now Windows Vista not longhorn anymore. Windows Vista :eek: bleekkk!!!

stephenli

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2004
omg the spec of phone is ever progressing
phone that designed 1/2 years before will now become "low spec" comparing with new ones.

why should they still hold on for announcement?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

ccrandall77

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Franklin, WI
If Cingular is the carrier... STAY AWAY!!!!!

The #1 and #3 US carriers are CDMA, so hopefully this phone will eventually be available for those networks. And in my experience (I've had data and voice plans with the big 4 carriers in the US), the CDMA networks are just so much better than the GSM.

I currently have Sprint and I get better digital coverage and much faster data service than my GSM/EGPRS service with Cingular.

Also, if anyone is thinking of switching to Cingular just to get this phone (assuming they're the carrier), PLEASE think again.

Cingular ranked dead last in a customer satisfaction survey (by JD Powers I believe) and it's well deserved. Of the 4 carriers I've been with (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mo, and Cingular/ATTWS), they have the most incompetent, untrained, and rude CSRs on the planet.

Cingular is also known for phantom charges. While in my experience T-Mo and Sprint will forgive excessive charges at least one time and admit to billing errors, Cingular will make no concessions. If they claim you did it, that's the end of the story.

In my case, they claimed I made a 440MB data transfer at 3am on a Saturday morning. Since I had a 10MB plan, that transfer cost me $1395 + tax. Even though I had SBC DSL (from their parent company!), and had no history of ever exceeding 8MB in a month... and my phone's own log recorded no such charge, Cingular demanded I pay up. Even one of their tech supervisors saw some oddities with this supposed transfer and said he'd follow up with me w/in 72hrs to provide me with a list of sites I supposedly browsed. 72hrs came and went w/o a call. And when I called back, they had no record of such a conversation and refused to provide the records to me w/o a court order. According to a lawyer with the FCTR, this is par for the course with Cingular and an indication that they had no proof of the call but they still expected me to pay.

So please, stay away from Cingular. Even if this phone has a hand that pops out to pleasure you, if only Cingular carriers... STAY AWAY!!!

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Object-X said:
This is why Apple shouldn't pre-announce stuff. Forget it. This is taking way too long. I just bought a RAZR for $150 with a $150 rebate. So :p

There is something else going on. Is it just me or does this smell like corporate politics at this point? No way it takes this long to design a phone. Esp when the last time they yanked it, it was only a matter of days. Something is up. :confused: the only question is who? Moto - Apple - Cell companies