Mouse actions/movements don't "register"

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Gwendolini, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Gwendolini macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

Hi.

Since yesterday I have a strange problem using an MX Master mouse on Yosemite.

Here is a video (sorry, no YouTube for me yet, but the 720p .mp4 file is only around 7MB) of the behaviour instead of a convoluted description.

As you can see, no hints appear when the mouse hovers over an item, it only reacts to clicks and not the cursor position when selecting a menu item and hot corners do not work either.

I have the latest Yosemite version, except the 2016.001 security update (will do after posting this thread), the latest Logitech Options version and have restarted the mouse (did not help) and the computer (did help, but after less than an hour the problem returned).

I have not installed any new software in the past week or even longer, not enough time to look for new software anyway.
    I am also running ClamXAV, no reported threads.
    I also use TotalSpaces 2, but even after quitting the process for it, the mouse still behaves like it does.

I recorded that video in an mostly empty user profile to show the behaviour.

Do you need any more information or already have a tip on how to solve this?

Thank you.

2. Gwendolini thread starter macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

Wow, this is an empty sub-forum.

Anyway, seems to have been solved doing the Security Update 2016.001 and iTunes and Safari updates. I'll see.

3. vexorg macrumors 6502a

Anything vaguely problematic on a technical front gets very little response. However, complain the dock is the wrong shade of silver, or the font is the wrong shape, and you'll get a huge response. I think "superficial" is the word

4. Gwendolini thread starter macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

Well, the problem has returned after one week and an uptime of almost 9 days. Maybe a restart will fix it, certainly posting here will not.

5. vexorg macrumors 6502a

Mavericks used to suffer for hot corners not responding too. I had that before, usually a restart would fix it.

6. Gwendolini thread starter macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

Well, a shut down and leaving it shut down for 10 hours seems to have worked.
    I also use flux and have quit it now. Will see if that works.

7. vexorg macrumors 6502a

One of those bugs you'll probably ever find an answer to.