Mouse/Keyboard Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bird

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2002
Because it reminds one of a peecee?
Well, that's at least a valid reason. Not so sure it's a really great reason, as you could say the same thing about function keys, or two-button mice/trackballs or the like. But it's still a reason.

I don't have a trackball with a scroll wheel, but my next one will have one. I like being able to scroll, nor would I ever go back to a one-button mouse. Control-clicking is more work than my laziness will allow. I don't necessarily like being reminded of the wintel world, but some things have just become part of the "mac experience" -- at least my mac experience.

Bird

macsurfer

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
NYC, L.A.
Originally posted by bird
It's juvenile.

Bird

Ahhhh what's wrong with being young (or young at heart)?

I hate em becuase they are a PC thing. I hate em becuase they are ugly. I hate em becuase my finger cramps up and get's tired of the repetitive short movement it has to make over and over again to use it. I just hate em and that's my personal taste and I will never use one unless Apple starts making them and I have no choice.

P.S. Who's trying to *convince* anyone of anything? Not me. I'm just saying how I feel!

bird

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2002
Ahhhh what's wrong with being young (or young at heart)?

I hate em becuase they are a PC thing. I hate em becuase they are ugly. I hate em becuase my finger cramps up and get's tired of the repetitive short movement it has to make over and over again to use it. I just hate em and that's my personal taste and I will never use one unless Apple starts making them and I have no choice.

P.S. Who's trying to *convince* anyone of anything? Not me. I'm just saying how I feel!
There's nothing wrong with being young, but you'll notice I said "juvenile" and there is something wrong with behaving like a juvenile, unless one's on a playground or something.

The simple solution here is for Apple to make a mouse with a scroll wheel, so that it can finally become acceptable to you, since it will no longer be a "PC thing" and will, instead, be a "Mac thing". Of course, Apple will probably leave those kinds of innovations to third-party vendors, while concentrating on aesthetic design and things like optical technology. This is probably wise, imo.

You may not think that this forum (and others) aren't a form of discourse that, inherently, involves "convincing" someone of something, but you'd be incorrect. At the very least, you're trying to convince people -- the people who read your posts -- that your "feelings" or "opinions" or statements have some merit. And one does that by having some reasoning, some evidence, so that someone else can look at it, and say "hey, my hand cramps up when I use scroll wheels, too -- boy, they really do suck" or something. If someone just wanted to vent feelings, there are other, more appropriate, places to do so, and people to pay money to in exchange for the responsibility of listening.

Bird

macsurfer

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
NYC, L.A.

There's nothing wrong with being young, but you'll notice I said "juvenile" and there is something wrong with behaving like a juvenile, unless one's on a playground or something.

The simple solution here is for Apple to make a mouse with a scroll wheel, so that it can finally become acceptable to you, since it will no longer be a "PC thing" and will, instead, be a "Mac thing". Of course, Apple will probably leave those kinds of innovations to third-party vendors, while concentrating on aesthetic design and things like optical technology. This is probably wise, imo.

You may not think that this forum (and others) aren't a form of discourse that, inherently, involves "convincing" someone of something, but you'd be incorrect. At the very least, you're trying to convince people -- the people who read your posts -- that your "feelings" or "opinions" or statements have some merit. And one does that by having some reasoning, some evidence, so that someone else can look at it, and say "hey, my hand cramps up when I use scroll wheels, too -- boy, they really do suck" or something. If someone just wanted to vent feelings, there are other, more appropriate, places to do so, and people to pay money to in exchange for the responsibility of listening.

Bird
BIG Yawn. Do you know how much your time was just wasted on me?

P.S. the internet is one of the worlds BIGGEST playgrounds. Nyahhh Nyahhhh.

macsurfer

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
NYC, L.A.

Of course, Apple will probably leave those kinds of innovations to third-party vendors, while concentrating on aesthetic design and things like optical technology. This is probably wise, imo.

Bird
I really hope so. I value the aesthetics and the innovation in things like optical technology far more than a dipsh*tty little scroll wheel. Of course, if anyone could improve on the idea of the scroll wheel and make it worthwhile, Apple could.

bird

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2002
BIG Yawn. Do you know how much your time was just wasted on me?

P.S. the internet is one of the worlds BIGGEST playgrounds. Nyahhh Nyahhhh.
If I thought you were the only audience for my posts I would have used smaller words and less complex ideas.

Plus, what can one say to "Nyah Nyah"? I believe it trumps rock, paper, *and* scissors, not to mention "I'm paper, you're glue...", or even "I know you are but what am I?" The rhetorical equivalent of the ultimate weapon -- cooties.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, kid.

Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.