Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

georgeedwardg

macrumors member
May 19, 2011
Blade Runner (Final Cut) iTunes port issue update:

Couldn't help but notice that a title I do not own showed up in my iTunes library... Daffy Duck's Quackbusters.

Then a quick search rendered this result: https://twitter.com/tim/status/918485960270086144

So I believe MA KeyChest has linked the wrong title. Can someone that owns BR Final Cut confirm that Quackbusters is showing up in your library (presuming you don't already own it)?

Mr. Zarniwoop

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2005

Couldn't help but notice that a title I do not own showed up in my iTunes library... Daffy Duck's Quackbusters.

Then a quick search rendered this result: https://twitter.com/tim/status/918485960270086144

So I believe MA KeyChest has linked the wrong title. Can someone that owns BR Final Cut confirm that Quackbusters is showing up in your library (presuming you don't already own it)?

1. I own it on iTunes, but it shows “BUY” on MA.

2. When I click the MA “BUY” link, it opens iTunes Store to the correct movie, and shows I own it there.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
NH

I owned both Blade Runner (Final Cut) and Daffy Duck's Quackbusters on Vudu.
Both ported to MA.
Only Daffy Duck's Quackbusters shows as owned in iTunes.

Mr. Zarniwoop

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2005
A bundle of SD movies I got from Walmart years ago on VUDU transferred as HD movies into iTunes via MA.

Zooie123

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2017
Virginia Beach
Yesterday Goodfellas was in 4k in my library. Today it is renamed Goodfellas(REMASTERED) at HD. There is now another version for 9.99 at 4k called Goodfellas! What is this bait and switch? Change names and kill our 4k? I have several that were 4k and now HD such as Baby Driver and Jason Bourne.

piperatthegates

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2017
Provo, UT
Yesterday Goodfellas was in 4k in my library. Today it is renamed Goodfellas(REMASTERED) at HD. There is now another version for 9.99 at 4k called Goodfellas! What is this bait and switch? Change names and kill our 4k? I have several that were 4k and now HD such as Baby Driver and Jason Bourne.

GoodFellas and Goodfellas (Remastered) both existed before 4K was introduced to Apple TV/iTunes.

myrtledog

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2015
Hey folks - I just downloaded MA a few days ago. There were a handful of movies already showing up so that's good...

This morning I added a few dozen more titles. They DO show in my MA account on my iPad but DO NOT show on my MA app on my AppleTV 4K.

Any ideas why not?

Zooie123

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2017
Virginia Beach
I first connected both Itunes and vudu to movies anywhere, then I signed out of Itunes and vudu, I then signed back into both and 90% of the movies were shared between all. Some people in the forum stated it took several hours for it all the sync up but mine was instant.

myrtledog

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2015
Signing out and then back into MA seems to have worked. Thanks.

Another question - Is there a way to get my movies in MA to sort alphabetically? I'm sure it's an obvious thing but I can't find it...

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
I about to create an account. I was wondering if all my services (iTunes, Amazon, Vudu) have to have the same associated email that I use to create the Movies Anywhere account?

cardsdoc

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Shaker Hts, OH
I have spiderman homecoming UHD blu ray arriving today. I primarily use itunes and Vudu for streaming. So is the consensus that the most likely method for now to get both itunes and Vudu in UHD is to redeem disc code in Vudu?

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
NH
I about to create an account. I was wondering if all my services (iTunes, Amazon, Vudu) have to have the same associated email that I use to create the Movies Anywhere account?

No. You will connect to each and login to each retailer.
[doublepost=1508261575][/doublepost]
I have spiderman homecoming UHD blu ray arriving today. I primarily use itunes and Vudu for streaming. So is the consensus that the most likely method for now to get both itunes and Vudu in UHD is to redeem disc code in Vudu?

I believe you need to redeem on Sony site. There are no Sony redeems on Vudu. This should port to Vudu in UHD via UV and 4K iTunes via MA.

cardsdoc

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Shaker Hts, OH
No. You will connect to each and login to each retailer.
[doublepost=1508261575][/doublepost]

I believe you need to redeem on Sony site. There are no Sony redeems on Vudu. This should port to Vudu in UHD via UV and 4K iTunes via MA.

Ok thanks will try that when I get it. So for UHD disc codes best to go through studio as a general rule? What about purchasing streaming only? Best bet to purchase on Vudu assuming it's an MA title?

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ

Nice catch! I was wondering how that Daffy Duck title shows up in my iTunes library. Hopefully they get this sorted out.

myrtledog

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2015
Another question - Is there a way to get my movies in MA to sort alphabetically? I'm sure it's an obvious thing but I can't find it...

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Ok thanks will try that when I get it. So for UHD disc codes best to go through studio as a general rule? What about purchasing streaming only? Best bet to purchase on Vudu assuming it's an MA title?

Always reference this Google Doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsJkCX4DIv2oeCKQ7zp2ArkR1qKEXCUuCMBbUtHtmh4/edit#gid=0

Great resource for knowing where to redeem.

Generally if you own UHD in Vudu, it will port to iTunes in 4K. So most redeems I do, I try to do directly on Vudu. That gives me UHD on Vudu and owned in Vudu (even if UV were ever to go away).

Purchases/redeems on iTunes have been flaky right now, so not sure if I would trust redeems on iTunes if you are looking to get UHD on Vudu.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Not on the web page, but you can sort in the iOS app. The app is also the only place where you can see the transaction history, which lists where each movie originally came from. I hope they'll eventually bring the web page and ATV app up to par ...

cardsdoc

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Shaker Hts, OH
Always reference this Google Doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsJkCX4DIv2oeCKQ7zp2ArkR1qKEXCUuCMBbUtHtmh4/edit#gid=0

Great resource for knowing where to redeem.

Generally if you own UHD in Vudu, it will port to iTunes in 4K. So most redeems I do, I try to do directly on Vudu. That gives me UHD on Vudu and owned in Vudu (even if UV were ever to go away).

Purchases/redeems on iTunes have been flaky right now, so not sure if I would trust redeems on iTunes if you are looking to get UHD on Vudu.

Thanks, very helpful. While MA is a big step in the right direction it's all a bit of a mess right now. Hopefully this all settles and it actually becomes simple.

myrtledog

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2015
Not on the web page, but you can sort in the iOS app. The app is also the only place where you can see the transaction history, which lists where each movie originally came from. I hope they'll eventually bring the web page and ATV app up to par ...

Thanks Rigby - Just so I'm clear I can sort on my iPad but can't on the AppleTV?

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Thanks, very helpful. While MA is a big step in the right direction it's all a bit of a mess right now. Hopefully this all settles and it actually becomes simple.

Agreed. Hopefully things settle down. Because you only get 4K on iTunes for direct redeems, you'd think more people would redeem titles on iTunes and let them port. Problem with Fox for War of the Planet of the Apes is that you end up with SD in Vudu!

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
Ok I now have an account. This is cool. However, I thought I would find a Movies Anywhere app in the LG Content Store to use Movies Anywhere on my LG OLED TV which would have upscaled movies to 4k. Oh well I guess it will eventually come.

This app will be very handy when watching on my MBP or iPad. Thanks for this thread. I didn't know this existed.

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
Ok I now have an account. This is cool. However, I thought I would find a Movies Anywhere app in the LG Content Store to use Movies Anywhere on my LG OLED TV which would have upscaled movies to 4k. Oh well I guess it will eventually come.

This app will be very handy when watching on my MBP or iPad. Thanks for this thread. I didn't know this existed.

Movies Anywhere doesn't stream in 4K, anywhere - pretty sure that's correct!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.