Moving Photos

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by janb10, Sep 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. janb10 macrumors newbie

janb10

I am using a 2011 MacBook Pro, with extra memory added, and El Capitan 10.11.6.

Photos is the app used between my i phone 6 and my computer. My i phone is full, I need to move photos off. I do have iCloud storage paid for, but there is plenty of storage on my mac as well.
    When Photos opens on my mac, when I've plugged my phone in, I have no way to see whether the photos are the ones on my phone, or if they are in the cloud showing up on my mac. I don';t need 2 o3 of the same photo. I don't have time at the moment to screen them, I just need them saved and off my iPhone, and I can't figure out Photos. There is no camera icon or symbol, just a square next to the word Photos, very unlike past I Photo software.

Would I assume, that when I plug my iPhone into my mac, that when photos is launched, its showing me the photos from my phone? So I can select all and move them to my mac?

Thanks!

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Yes. Photos will open a window and show you all the pictures on your Camera Roll, separating those that have already been imported and those that haven't. Just select the ones that you wish to import. Once imported into Photos you can delete them from the iPhone.