mpb order processing taking a long time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bc.91, Oct 27, 2011.

1. bc.91 macrumors newbie

ordered a new pro monday morning base 15 with hi res glossy and order still says processing has anyone else had slow ship times with their new pros?

2. C05m05 macrumors newbie

I ordered a 2.4GHz 17" with 750GB 7200-rpm drive and AG display on Monday (Oct 24) too - it was shipped yesterday (Oct 26) but hasn't left Shanghai yet :/

3. Ant.honey macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I ordered one yesterday and got same day shipping notification. Maybe your spec is out, ie mine was anti glare , etc.

4. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I order lots of new MBP's. Sometimes it just takes a day or so for the status to be updated. It's independent of the actual order/build/ship routine that Apple does so well. I wouldn't be concerned. My experience reveals about four to five working days total. Therefore I deliberately place my online order on a Sunday, and the computer arrives Thursday or Friday. That's a CTO / BTO order. STD in stock configs come faster.

5. Spee macrumors newbie

Still processing for me...

Ordered Monday morning (Oct 24). 15" 2.4GHz Anti-Glare model. I waited for the refresh bump, now waiting for shipment, starting to get impatient :)

6. MVRL, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

me too XD

I actually ordered on the 20th, the previous Thursday. They informed me on Tuesday that my order was getting upgraded due to the refresh which took place on Monday. That is definitely good news, but as of now, it is still processing.....due for Nov.1st~3rd.

Hopefully it gets shipped today....

Edit: forgot to mention that mine is a CTO build too: 2.4GHz, 4GB Ram, 750GB 7.2k RPM HDD, HiRes Glossy

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

must be the custome options, i ordered refurb and it was about 4 business days from ordering to in my hands

8. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

wow, lucky you!! Yeah, it must be the custom parts that are taking so long :p

Oh well, I am just grateful that they are upgrading my order with no hassle.

Gratz on your new MBP, btw.

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

enjoy your beast once you get it, it will be worth the wait

10. Ant.honey macrumors regular

Update, my order didn't ship, just a keyboard I ordered at the same time. Nov 1-3 for me as well. 15" 2.5 , HR anti glare.

11. torid110 macrumors regular

ordered the 2.4 with HR AG screen + 7200rpm drive. It shipped on the 26th and is stuck in shanghai ... :(

12. djhyro macrumors member

ordered 2.4 hi-res glossy 750/7200rpm monday morning with expedited shipping (+ $18)..shipped out tuesday from shanghai..reached US soil this morning..i'm hoping for a friday delivery (have a gig on friday night) but says estimated delivery 10/31 :(

13. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

wow, lucky!!

My order was placed earlier, exact same build too haha. Oh well!!

Speaking of which, mine is still processing, the strange thing is that I just checked my status again this afternoon, and my estimated delivery date went from Nov.1st~3rd to Oct.31st~Nov.~2nd.

Pretty weird if you ask me. Still no idea why my order is taking so long.. :p

14. bc.91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Now my delivery time went from today-nov 1 to nov 3 - 7 what is going onnn?

15. Spee macrumors newbie

Mine is delayed as well

Delivery date has been changed from Oct 27 - Oct 31 to Nov 4 -8.

They sent an email saying:

Who knows what is delaying them, could be unibody manufacturer, or other parts.

16. torid110 macrumors regular

Estimated delivery from Fedex was for 10/31, but was delivered today :cool: ! (ship date 10/26) Hopefully you guys get yours soon.

17. Ant.honey macrumors regular

18. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

bc.91 & Spee,

hey guys, I just got the exact same e-mail and that my order delivery date was pushed to the 8th(of Novemeber) as well.

So I decided to give them a call about it since I actually placed my order on the 20th, about a week ago. The CS lady was very apologetic and told me there was some unforeseen circumstances overseas, but she would upgrade my shipping from standard to expedited and assured me that my order would arrive on the 7th at the very very latest.

So, I guess, give them a call and they should give you expedited shipping at no additional cost.

Cheers!

19. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Not received such email, delivery slated to be 3rd Nov

20. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

Update: just received shipping info. in my e-mail from Apple

So I tracked on Fedex and it says estimated delivery by 12:00PM, Nov.2nd and that the package has already left Shanghai.

GL to all, cheers!!

21. Spee macrumors newbie

Mine is now in preparing for shipment stage. We are an impatient lot :D

22. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

23. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

Just got mine!!

The expedited shipping is pretty impressive!! Apple shipped it on the 29th and it's already here (Nov.1st 10:30AM ish)

Gotta say, I am loving this new machine!!

GL to everyone!! Hope you guys get yours soon too!

24. LeiQQ macrumors regular

LeiQQ

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ordered mine on oct. 30 and apple says it will not ship till nov. 25. I'm in Taiwan but not sure why it will take so long. Before the update they were shipping in 24 hrs. Maybe there are none in Taiwan. Maybe it's coming on a slow boat from china. If so FedEx must be swimming it over. Ha. I ordered the baseline 13. I haven't owned a Mac laptop since my iBook se. I'm using an eeepc now.

25. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Well, mine's meant to arrive tomorrow.

It's still processing.