MR I think everytime a flash video is posted, there should also be an html5 version.

christall109

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
I'd say about 80-90% of the people that access this site are doing so ever more on iPads/iPhones/iPod touches.

Why can't MR be "html5 ready" like the NYT, Wall Street Journal, etc?

Seeing today's post about the iPad user guide and being greeted with a huge missing pluggin image should be absent on a site like this. All I'm asking is that an html5 version be provided when possible, I realize at times there may not be.

Thanks!

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
I'd say about 80-90% of the people that access this site are doing so ever more on iPads/iPhones/iPod touches.

Why can't MR be "html5 ready" like the NYT, Wall Street Journal, etc?

Seeing today's post about the iPad user guide and being greeted with a huge missing pluggin image should be absent on a site like this. All I'm asking is that an html5 version be provided when possible, I realize at times there may not be.

Thanks!
Your numbers are off (I hope...), but I agree 100%.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
MR doesn't own the videos, so they can't just go republishing them. Until the original sources switch to HTML5 I don't think there's much they can do.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
all our videos tend to be YouTube videos which are HTML5-ready.

There was just a url issue with today's post that prevented it from being viewable properly.

arn