MRoogle

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by noodlemanc, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

I always see guys here telling people to 'go to MRoogle', to 'look that up in MRoogle'. I see signatures saying 'gotta problem? search here first' then have a link to MRoogle.

But WHAT MRoogle? I click on these links and it comes up with some queer placeholding page? I google 'MRoogle' and nothing comes up?! Where IS this MRoogle that people bang on about?! WHERE??!!!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You might wanna use another word.

Also, e, the main MRoogle designer hasn't done an update. I don't know the current status, but it seems hosting is the issue.

3. noodlemanc thread starter macrumors regular

noodlemanc

Why? I was was under the understanding that it's a legitimate word for 'strange' as well as 'gay'.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Use the word strange then. Not many will take the use of such word lightly. I don't care, but other might.

Also, lets not deviate from the subject. I believe I answered your question, good enough?

5. noodlemanc thread starter macrumors regular

noodlemanc

Yes.

6. SvP macrumors 6502

SvP

Mroogle is a search engine for the forum 'MacRumors' that is powered by Google.

Queer is a word describing something strange. Homophobes use it to insult Gay people sometimes. Gay people shouldn't be offended when the word is used in a non-insulting context.

Next up:
    Black pencils renamed to "pitch-dark colored pencils"?

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

This is the wife of "e", the creator of MRoogle. MRoogle was pulled by Google for a breach of their terms and service. They refused to answer any questions detailing what was against their T&Cs. We don't understand their problem and we got nowhere with them so MRoogle is no more. Because of that the domain that hosted MRoogle has been let to expire. We would have been happy to keep the domain and updates going but Google saw to it that we couldn't. Sorry about all that. The MRoogle is no more.

8. SvP macrumors 6502

SvP

Good luck to you! I'm sorry google isn't a less evil company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.