Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vanc

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2007
Were there slides being presented? I'm wondering why mine was consuming so much CPU resources. Granted it was quicker and much smoother than the Intel version.
Not sure what the "slides" mean. I did screen sharing in the meetings and the attendants didn't have issues seeing my desktop.

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA
Not sure what the "slides" mean. I did screen sharing in the meetings and the attendants didn't have issues seeing my desktop.
I was just wondering if mine was using more CPU resources due to an active presentation (instead of just people talking, no slides, no video). I wasn't transmitting video and at the time was muted. Curious why my CPU was so high, but then again, maybe I shouldn't even worry about it. It was pretty smooth.

CheesePuff

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Southwest Florida, USA
I'm currently using version 1.5.00.20110-E on my MBP 16' with M1 Pro. So far, I have zero issues with this build. Did multiple teams meetings and had zero issues. CPU usage was much better compared with previous explorer builds I tried. Used to consume 6-8% CPU constantly.
Where did you see version 201110, I only see 20958 as the latest

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
I'm currently using version 1.5.00.20110-E on my MBP 16' with M1 Pro. So far, I have zero issues with this build. Did multiple teams meetings and had zero issues. CPU usage was much better compared with previous explorer builds I tried. Used to consume 6-8% CPU constantly.
Will give it a go today and report back :)

rgwebb

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2005
The reason Teams is so bad is the same reason almost all Microsoft things suck: their customer is your boss, not you.

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
-- UPDATE ---- 02/08/22

Microsoft is aiming at releasing the Universal Binary officially in September as per their Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

1659436230542.png

-----

I am running the following version.

You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.20352. It was last updated on 29/06/2022.

Everything seems to be working great thus far, I did notice slightly increased energy consumption but other than that all has been working.

1659435277508.png

Last edited:

Thisismattwade

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2020
-- UPDATE ---- 02/08/22

Microsoft is aiming at releasing the Universal Binary officially in September as per their Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

View attachment 2038017

-----

I am running the following version.

You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.20352. It was last updated on 29/06/2022.

Everything seems to be working great thus far, I did notice slightly increased energy consumption but other than that all has been working.

View attachment 2038009
Thanks for your continued effort in this thread!

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
Here's the link for the Public Preview for the 1.5.21565 version.

Here's my review for - Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.21565

In terms of performance everything seems to be fast as usual, between chats and channels. The big change I noticed this time around is when opening files directly from someone Chat is quite quicker now. (used to be very slooow on old versions)

Haven't been able to check the presentation CPU Usage yet, but the last version I had had the lowest of them all.

The start up time keeps being very good. Regarding usage in meetings the Camera Ok, Microphone Ok, Sharing screen is working and no issue.

I also noticed that my contacts aren't losing their 'Status' to 'Status Unknown' as in the previous version

1659598641778.png

Core Audio driver still Intel

1659598845346.png

Memory usage during calls only up to 1,90GB that I have seen thus far.

Give it a spin it's quite stable, at least the 'Status Unknown' has finally disappeared to me.

Ok, finally official: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com...eams-optimized-for-apple-silicon/ba-p/3589463

But a bit vague on when/how we'll get the update:

"All Mac users will be automatically upgraded with their most recent update to Teams. The generally available (GA) version of the native Teams app on Mac with Apple silicon is being rolled out to customers in increments over the coming months."
Looks like it's another typical Microsoft phase out roll out... If it's anything like the Enterprise rollouts we are looking at September... We are in early August after all.

Attachments

• 1659598624682.png
    1659598624682.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Reactions: geekiemac

Selchuk.

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2021

In terms of performance everything seems to be fast as usual, between chats and channels. The big change I noticed this time around is when opening files directly from someone Chat is quite quicker now. (used to be very slooow on old versions)

Haven't been able to check the presentation CPU Usage yet, but the last version I had had the lowest of them all.

The start up time keeps being very good. Regarding usage in meetings the Camera Ok, Microphone Ok, Sharing screen is working and no issue.

I also noticed that my contacts aren't losing their 'Status' to 'Status Unknown' as in the previous version

View attachment 2038903

View attachment 2038904

Give it a spin it's quite stable, at least the 'Status Unknown' has finally disappeared to me.

Looks like it's another typical Microsoft phase out roll out... If it's anything like the Enterprise rollouts we are looking at September... We are in early August after all.
thank you for your review. ;)

Paul Cordingley

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2019
Sydney, Australia
I installed the preview build (1.5.21565) this morning and have used it all day. Works just as the old one did, no problems!

But yes, I still have the old audio driver present, even after a restart.

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
I installed the preview build (1.5.21565) this morning and have used it all day. Works just as the old one did, no problems!

But yes, I still have the old audio driver present, even after a restart.
Glad to hear! The only issue I found was when you try to do 'Focus Content it had a grey box on top of it. But content was still able to be viewed without a hitch.

Wonder why they are keeping this intel audio driver around :(
I believe this will only be changed once we have MS Teams running on the Mac using WebView (Which only comes out later this fall on the Mac)

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
I just got the universal build by checking for updates within Teams. Looks like it's rolling out now.

Reactions: Malus120

saber106

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2021
Okay so I just check my team and the build is now Apple, 1 thing is still Intel is Core Audio Driver (MSTeamsAudioDevice.driver)

Wonder when will we get 100% Apple?

Malus120

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2002
I just got the universal build by checking for updates within Teams. Looks like it's rolling out now.
Just tried this myself and what do you know! Finally! A universal binary! Through official channels!

First impressions. Better than the Intel binary... But the web app (via Edge) appears to still be a bit faster.
Still, given that the web app can be wonky at times (and I think it's missing some features,) and uses more ram (because Edge has to be open) the new Apple Silicon App is a nice addition and probably the best option now for people who have to use Teams extensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: VineRider

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
Just tried this myself and what do you know! Finally! A universal binary! Through official channels!

First impressions. Better than the Intel binary... But the web app (via Edge) appears to still be a bit faster.
Still, given that the web app can be wonky at times (and I think it's missing some features,) and uses more ram (because Edge has to be open) the new Apple Silicon App is a nice addition and probably the best option now for people who have to use Teams extensively.
It's especially faster in the channels and opening files within Teams which is great...

Ah I understand, I'm using it right now and for a guy with Teams open from 9am to 5pm, I think it's okay.
Yeah WebView2 isn't out on the Mac yet, they are planning for Fall 2022 (previously fall 2021). The universal binary version is fine and better than it ever was tbh.

Works fine for me but using webcam consumes way too much battery when compared to FaceTime for example....

Reactions: saber106

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016

View attachment 2038903

View attachment 2038904

God, finally. Thank you for this. I still had the intel version on my M2. Was driving me crazy.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I've managed to create a Intel app-free machine - all the apps I need and want. Except for that stupid Intel sound driver for Teams.

Aggedor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
I've managed to create a Intel app-free machine - all the apps I need and want. Except for that stupid Intel sound driver for Teams.
What's the name of the process? I can't see it in my Activity Monitor - every Teams process is listed as Apple for me.

rbart

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2013
France
My MS Teams (prod release) has been upgraded to Universal app this morning with MS AutoUpdate !
Finally !
It was the last "intel" app on my Mac ...

Reactions: southerndoc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.