MSPaint

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SPNarwhal, Apr 14, 2012.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Hey guys, so I grew up on Windows and I've been on Mac for a long time now. The only thing I miss is MSPaint, and I miss it a lot. I drew on it a lot, and since getting a Mac, it's put a cork in my drawings.

I know I can technically dualboot Windows and use MSPaint, but that seems like a hassle just for one small program.

And yes I also know there are other programs that are similar like SeaShore and whatever else there is, but I want MSPaint. The original MSPaint, not the new Windows 7 version.

Is there any way to make my dream come true?
    Take me home.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

To run Windows apps on your Mac, you need to install Windows via Boot Camp or use Parallels or VMware Fusion.

If you don't have a Windows license, you can use CrossOver to run some applications. Not all Windows apps are compatible with CrossOver. Check their site for compatible apps.

For more information about running Windows on your Mac, check out the Windows on the Mac forum.

3. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I realize that, but couldn't there technically be an MSPaint somewhere out there that is Mac Compatible? Just converted to run on OSX?

I'm assuming that would probably be illegal, but I can't imagine that hindering there being one out there.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can check alternativeto.net but all you'll find are apps that may be somewhat equivalent or possibly even better. I don't think you'll find a Mac version of the MS Paint app. People have been asking for one for quite a while:

Looking for a mspaint alternative.
    What's a free drawing program like MSPaint?
    mspaint wannabe?
    good program comparable to mspaint?