MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

connectdesign_291.jpg

This case is a bit of a odd product, but might appeal to iPhone owners looking for something a little more unique. The $22 Mug is a rubber case that adds a coffee mug-esque handle to the back of the iPhone. The most useful feature of the case is the ability to use the handle as a built-in stand, as shown in the video below.

Strangely, the Mug completely blocks the rear camera, but offers full access to all the other ports. The case, from South Korea, is available in white, pink, green, yellow, blue, and purple.

Article Link: Mug Case Helps Get a Handle on the iPhone

Pakaku

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You have to admit, it's a humorous and unique case :p

R0bert

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2005
Accident waiting to happen as you will probably end up answering the phone with your coffe mug..

jclardy

macrumors 68040
Oct 6, 2008
Unique design, but just not practical.

Nobody has mentioned the fact that you can no longer put your iPhone in your pocket with the Mug on.

If it was easy to put on and take off maybe it would work well as a stand.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I think it's fun and unique, but without the rear camera available, and since it increases the size so much, I can only see it being used for jokes or maybe just as a home stand (depending on how easy it is to get the phone in/out of the case). Not expect much in sales from this one.

jW

thomas.g.tg

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
Funny how they use another mug next to the iPhone in one of the shots... They could have left that out, it's not like we haven't seen enough shots of the handle being used as a support-stand.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I know this is going to sound racist but the moment I saw that photos I knew it was from an Asian country. they seem to pride themselves on freaky and impractical stuff.

MCP-511

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2010
I can see the kids pouring coffee all over your iPhone.

EPIC FAIL. Is that better? :D

Last edited:

ChristIsLORD

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2011
But nothing. FAIL. That's all anyone needed to know.

I really, REALLY wish people would stop using the word "fail" this way. It's unintelligent and annoying.

That said the case is cute in concept but the practical use of the case as a stand is the only benefit. They could have better designed a case with that singular use in mind rather than a one second "oh it's not really a mug, cute" idea.

blybug

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2003
Galveston, TX
Joshwawilson said:
I can't see ANYBODY buying that. Period.
Kid A said:
But nothing. FAIL. That's all anyone needed to know.
EricBlue said:
Another useless product to consume
I've actually been looking for something like this for a few months. I give interactive presentations to medical students in large lecture halls and run the audience response software from my iPhone while the presentation runs on my MacBook.

I like to get out from behind the podium and wander around. I've been wanting an iPhone case with some sort of handle to give me a little more security while walking about, talking with my hands, but is easy to use with the finger of the opposite hand as the software has specific target buttons to hit that (for me anyhow) requires more than just thumb control. There are several iPad cases with handles or slots in which to slide a hand, but not much for the iPhone that I've seen.

This isn't precisely what I've been looking for, but I might go ahead and get one. After the lecture I can use it as a stand back in my office. Amazing how internet commenters have to rush to be "first" posters and point out "fails" just because of lack of imagination or limited needs.

Kid A

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
I've actually been looking for something like this for a few months. I give interactive presentations to medical students in large lecture halls and run the audience response software from my iPhone while the presentation runs on my MacBook.

I like to get out from behind the podium and wander around. I've been wanting an iPhone case with some sort of handle to give me a little more security while walking about, talking with my hands, but is easy to use with the finger of the opposite hand as the software has specific target buttons to hit that (for me anyhow) requires more than just thumb control. There are several iPad cases with handles or slots in which to slide a hand, but not much for the iPhone that I've seen.

This isn't precisely what I've been looking for, but I might go ahead and get one. After the lecture I can use it as a stand back in my office. Amazing how internet commenters have to rush to be "first" posters and point out "fails" just because of lack of imagination or limited needs.

it's amazing the lack of imagination it takes to develop a case that renders the camera useless.

crs.one

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2012
I hate to admit that it actually looks more practical than I expected.

However, it doesn't cross the threshold into actually being practical enough to buy.

Pakaku

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2009

It looks like a useful case for situations where putting it in your pocket isn't important.

Kid A

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
I really, REALLY wish people would stop using the word "fail" this way. It's unintelligent and annoying.

In what way? :rolleyes:

They FAILed to make a case that allows you to use the camera of your iPhone. That is a pretty major feature of the 4/4S. Obviously, YMMV (am I allowed to say that?), but for most people this would cripple their iPhone. So, while it may be cute or unique, they FAILed to make a functional case.

I used FAIL correctly. FTW! OMG! BBQ!

(Notice I did not say "EPIC", as that would have been a tad hyperbolic, considering it's just an iPhone case no one will ever see in the wild, nothing more).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.