Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2013
Hello, I'm thinking of buying a new Apple TV, but I need to make sure of one thing:
According to https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...less-known-facts-tips-and-user-guide.1933902/ it says I can have multiple Apple IDs, for iTunes Purchases, iCloud, App Store. Just to confirm, these IDs can be completely separate (no Family Sharing), correct? I understand that purchases will be separate, and ill have to switch between each account manually, but that's fine.

crhendo

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
...... Just to confirm, these IDs can be completely separate (no Family Sharing), correct? I understand that purchases will be separate, and ill have to switch between each account manually, but that's fine.

Yes all you are asking will work. I currently have 5 different Apple Id's setup for purchase and I can simply select them from a list (like the old Apple TV's). You can have a different ID for iCloud, Games and Homesharing.

Poontaco

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2014
Yes all you are asking will work. I currently have 5 different Apple Id's setup for purchase and I can simply select them from a list (like the old Apple TV's). You can have a different ID for iCloud, Games and Homesharing.

It's actually very quick and painless to swap ID's too.
Keep in mind, you can only use one ID for Apple Music or iCloud Music on each device though.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
I am looking to do the same thing on an ATV 3 Do you know if it is possible?

Edit Fixed.

Settings -->iTunes Store-->Apple IDs--> Add new Apple ID--> enter the AppleID and password. Then select Computers from the home screen you should see all libraries added.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.