Multiple Accounts

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by !!!, Nov 26, 2015.

1. !!! macrumors 6502

Hello, I'm thinking of buying a new Apple TV, but I need to make sure of one thing:
    According to http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...less-known-facts-tips-and-user-guide.1933902/ it says I can have multiple Apple IDs, for iTunes Purchases, iCloud, App Store. Just to confirm, these IDs can be completely separate (no Family Sharing), correct? I understand that purchases will be separate, and ill have to switch between each account manually, but that's fine.

2. crhendo macrumors member

Yes all you are asking will work. I currently have 5 different Apple Id's setup for purchase and I can simply select them from a list (like the old Apple TV's). You can have a different ID for iCloud, Games and Homesharing.

3. Poontaco macrumors regular

It's actually very quick and painless to swap ID's too.
    Keep in mind, you can only use one ID for Apple Music or iCloud Music on each device though.

4. AppleDApp, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015

AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

I am looking to do the same thing on an ATV 3 Do you know if it is possible?

Edit Fixed.

Settings -->iTunes Store-->Apple IDs--> Add new Apple ID--> enter the AppleID and password. Then select Computers from the home screen you should see all libraries added.