multiple albums on 1 cd...itunes..?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ajohnson253, Jun 23, 2008.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

so I imported 3 albums onto 1 cd on i-tunes. there is a total of about 70 songs. But when i play them in my cd player i dont know how to skip to the next album...i can only get to the next album by going all the way through the tracks. Is there a way I can have multiple albums on 1 cd and have them seperated on the disc? so that way i can just skip to whichever album i want to?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

No, the Red Book CD file system has no TOC and only identifies tracks as sequential numbers. To have 70 songs on one CD they must average about 1 minute each.:confused:

3. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

If you have 1,000 tracks, all with the same Album Name and Disc Number, then iTunes will think they all belong to the same album.

4. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

no no lol it was an exageration there is like 49 i checked today and no they are all formated mp3 form so there is plenty of room left im guessing. So i guess i cannot make seperpate folders on the cd to skip albums eh?:confused:

on I tunes how do i change the disc number do you mean like track 1,2,3 etc etc?

5. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Right click on each song and select get info. From there, go to info (top of the pop-up box) You can edit the tracks from there.

Not really too sure if there is a way to do this for more than one song, but you can edit more than one simply by holding command and clicking each song. Then hold command and click one of the highlighted songs.

6. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

right click? i have the stock mighty mouse and there is no right click :confused: errgghhh lol

7. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Yup… there is. Just "right click". ;)

8. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

its kinda hard but i got it, takes a while. is there an easier way or thats it? thanks a lot but i cant change the track #'s for some reason

9. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

I know for my wireless mighty mouse I had to go into system preferences to allow it to right click.

You can only change the track on one song at a time. I know it's a pain. I found that selecting one song and then just using the next button in the pop up is the best solution.

10. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

You do have "right click". You may have to turn it on: System Preferences, Mouse and turn "right click" to "Secondary Button".

Alternatively, control-click = right click.

11. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

If you select multiple songs you can change info for all of them at the same time (e.g., album number or artist)

12. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

thank you, i did have to go to preferences and change to have the right click