Multiple Desktops with Multiple Background Pictures is a mess!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by baryon, Jul 26, 2011.

1. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Let's say you have 3 desktops, and you want them each to have a different background picture (because now you can do this). So you go to Desktop 1 and set the picture, then Desktop 2, set another picture, and so on.

Then you remove some desktops because you no longer need 3 but lets say you now only have one desktop. Then, later, you create another one. However, the desktop pictures you previously set up are completely gone, you now have to set them up AGAIN, as every new desktop has the same picture as "Desktop 1".

For this reason, there is no point to set up different desktop pictures for your different desktops, as with time it gets reset eventually. So the only logical solution is to have the same desktop picture on all your desktops. But to do that, you need to SEPARATELY specify the picture for each desktop. You can't just have one picture and set it to all your desktops with one click.

If you have 5 desktops, each with the same picture, and you want to change their picture, you have to do it FIVE TIMES. What's the point???

2. Jerome Morrow macrumors 6502a

Jerome Morrow

Management changes and all goes CHAOS in zero seconds flat. Mission Control by design is pretty messed up.

For example try closing app in full screen mode. No animation, no transition, just that linen bacground shows up for e second and then bam you are in your first desktop again.

Why on Gods green Earth i can't swipe through the desktops in a circle? It's pretty useless if you have 10 desktops, isn't it?

The list goes on.

3. Ropie macrumors regular

Ropie

Two good posts there. Mission Control is currently a dog's dinner in looks and functionality.

And why the stupid childish name - what's the mission and who's in control? What has my using my big cat-themed personal computer operating system got to do with space flight??

4. jcu macrumors newbie

You could put the pictures you would like to have on the different desktops in one folder, and then set your desktop picture to change every x minutes. Each new space will have a different desktop background from the folder with the pictures you specified.

Attached Files:

5. baryon thread starter macrumors 68040

baryon

Cool idea, thanks!

6. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

That is a pretty cool idea - I'll have to give that a try.

By the way - nice desktops.