Multiple Reports X won’t ship until DEC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steelo3232, Oct 5, 2017.

1. steelo3232 macrumors regular

multiple investor and trading gurus are reporting this morning that the X won’t ship until December and that yields of the phone have not surpassed 10 percent meaning 9 out of then X iPhones are not fit to ship. The Story was first mentioned by Brightwire financial and now the street and other financial investing services are also reporting similar stories from multiple sources and also dropping their forecast for Apple’s year end quarter dramatically.

“Multiple sources expect Apple to announce the device will not ship November 3rd as previously planned due to low yield rates”.

Based on all the data out there, this it has been pretty consistent. Manufacturing delays and the production of these seem to be real and abysmal. One wonders if this won’t really be the flagship in 18 and no changes to the X in 18 will occur but a revamp of the 8 and 8 plus instead? Time will tell, but it is looking highly unlikely that 95% of the public will have an X in 18 regardless of pre-order time.

2. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Until a good source reports it won’t take much notice in this

3. DNichter macrumors 68030

DNichter

I don't buy it, but okay. It's the same stuff every year, the'll get it ready.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I’m willing to bet that everyone here who gets up and places an order right when preorders start will get their phone in November, many on Nov 3rd.

I just don’t see Apple announcing a release date and being so wrong about actually being able to meet it.

5. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Yeah, 10% yield rate. If that was the case, Apple would never release the phone. Would actually lose money.

As others have said, when a credible media outlet confirms then I will believe it.

6. steelo3232 thread starter macrumors regular

AS I said, time will tell. However, as much as I want this to be false (my wife has her eyes set on the X) the old adage where there is smoke there is fire certainly could apply here. Multiple reports from multiple people have indicated producing these has been a nightmare for Apple. This isn't one source or one outlet reporting this. Is it so inconceivable that they announced these before they could actually produce them in the numbers necessary? THEY DID THE SAME THING with Air Pods.... it's took MONTHS from the announcement to today where you can actually pick them up and have them ship in 3-5 days. Why is it so hard to believe they announced this product at the keynote because they "had to" when the 8 and 8plus were ready and it was September? Perhaps they thought these issues could be resolved readily in time to launch on the 3rd and due to many factors they now can't. In this day and age when reports like this stack up upon one another, they tend to be true. Hope they are wrong, but my gut tells me this device was announced prematurely because they had to show off something "new" whether it was ready or not.

In the end, minus an announcement from Apple, I agree it's conjecture but, part of me really believes many of us are going to pre-order this when the gates open on the 27th (if that date holds) only to see "ships in December" upon placing the our order. Hope I'm wrong but people saying this can't happen and won't happen I respectfully would argue aren't being objective.

7. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

8. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502

AlphaGuitarist

Apple was confident enough to announce November 3 as the release date. If they felt uncertain that they could meet that deadline, they'd instead say "coming this fall", or something to that extent, instead of giving a hard date. This latest "development" is no more or no less credible than the report that Apple will have 12 million units available by October 27.

9. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

I am not sure why people keep bringing up Air Pod release. Comparing apples to oranges. Air Pods were new product, no sales history. No idea how they would sell. Produced less, so they are not stuck with inventory for months, and demand exceed supply. Really simple. iPhone is Apples #1 product. Have a proven tracked record from a sales perspective. They have a damn good idea what demand will be opening weekend/months. And no, I am not buying that Apple thought they could fix these so called "yield issues" in 6 weeks...while having their largest iPhone launch ever.

10. steelo3232 thread starter macrumors regular

And the X isn't basically a new product? New screen, new front camera array etc..... lots of new parts they have never produced before going into this phone.

11. DNichter macrumors 68030

DNichter

Apple wouldn't push a release date without a firm understanding that they can hit it. The biggest company in the world isn't that dumb.

12. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I find it hard to believe Apple is getting a 10% yield... I mean I know this is a new design/camera module/screen, etc... but at the end of the day Apple has been manufacturing touch screen smart phones for 10 years. getting a 10% yield rate would for some small fly by night shop little manufacturer..... I suppose anything is possible but I would be highly shocked.

13. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

A lot of people will buy it just to re sell it for a nice profit.

14. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

"Macrumors"

15. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

They could be confusing 10,000 units per day that was reported a while back with 10% pass rate. They real issue currently is a Yin and Yang issue. You need the Dot Projector and the Flood Illumination to make the True Depth Camera System work. Currently there is a HUGE bottleneck with the Dot Projector. IMO, Apple is still not much at much more than 40,000 a day, IMO. We will know soon enough. :apple:

16. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Exactly. Apple didn't have to give a definite release date. They would not have said that the phone would be on sale in less than 2 months if they weren't confident about meeting that deadline. This isn't handing in a book report late. It's kind of a huge deal for the shareholder's confidence and their quarterly profits if they can't launch their biggest product (arguably in the last few years) on time.

17. lancastor macrumors 6502a

When iPhone X ships in March 2018 you can wait six month for the iPhone 11.

18. noobinator macrumors 601

It would be amazing if they just scrapped the X this year and then everyone here scrambled to buy the 8/8 Plus the minute this was announced. The mayhem on this forum alone would be well worth it.

19. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

I still firmly believe X will not fully ship on time. They didn't learn from Air Pods at all if they leave the release date the way it is. They should have never announced a release date for X anyway.. should have said Fall 2017 and left it at that. This would have played out better for them and maybe more sales for the 8 series because people didn't want to wait. Frankly I don't get the hype behind X.. further delays will push the device into 2018.. and with obviously more phones coming next year it's an easy hope skip... and wait till those are announced. They'll get it right next year with multiple sizes, they couldn't have done that this year.

20. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Doesn’t even matter at this point? Only about 2 1/2 more weeks and then you’ll know for sure.

21. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

I bet if they don’t ship till January lots of upgrades will give Android a try for a year.
    Apple doesn’t want this.
    9 years or iPhones and screwing up my launch day phones will make me switch. A month and half is already bad.
    If I don’t get an x till January or later I’ll switch come mid November

22. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I am betting Apple will have X iPhones for sale on the date promised. All we lack is knowing how many. That question will be answered on preordering day for sure. I would be concerned more that only one in ten X units are good.

23. TravisPNW macrumors 6502

TravisPNW

I'm with you about the X hype... don't get it either.

Ok lets see... What does it have that my 8 Plus doesn't?

Face ID? Unproven.

Full screen? Ok... but there's still a notch.

Dual OIS? Great... but I don't buy cell phones because of their cameras.

Not sure what else I'm missing but what I've listed so far definitely isn't anything that would have me up all night doing cartwheels while trying to get in a pre-order.

My spot in line is free for the taking. :)

24. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

That would be interesting, but nearly has bad for shareholder confidence as the Note 7 recall was last last year. That would be a huge f*** up on Apple's part.

25. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Fake News? Noting is coming up to support this claim. Apple stock is up for the day as of 11 AM EDT.