Multitasking gestures not working

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ipadlover29, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

Any one else experiencing issues with multitasking gestures? I've had issues with it off and on ever since I've updated to iOS 8 on my iPad air. I've done a few restores. I thought the problem would get fixed with all the updates released. Still have issues while I'm on 8.1.1.

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Yeah, it gets flaky here and there. Still even with iOS 8.1.1. Doesn't happen often but enough that they have to fix it soon. The easiest way to restore them is to turn gestures off and then back on. Always takes care of it for me.

3. Ipadlover29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks I'll try that.

4. CyberManiaK macrumors newbie

On my Air 2 I solve that just rotating the ipad from landscape to portrait or viceversa.

5. Zanton68 macrumors member

Same here. Frustrating.

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Disabling then re-enabling in Settings brings it back.

I also found (through a tip I read somewhere) that pulling the Notification sheet down and then hiding it again brings Multitasking Gestures back to life.

About all we can do it continue to file feedback on the problem. 8.1.1 seemed to reduce the frequency of the problem, but obviously didn't fix it.

7. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

Just swipe the notification bar down then back up to re enable gestures.

8. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Kind of an old thread, but if you haven't tried 8.1.1(or now 8.1.2, although I haven't upgraded yet), it's greatly improved this for me. Rarely do they stop working, before it was constantly.