Musclenerd is a talentless hack, or the Dev team needs a PR course

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 24usedtorock, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24usedtorock macrumors regular

Why can't the infamous "Dev team" simply say, hey users, we recognize how long some of you have waited for the iPhone 4 unlock.... to be honest, Apple got us this time, and we're still scratching our.... heads over what to try next.

No, Musclenerd and co. instead take to Twitter, must be easy to avoid making a statement with a 140-character limit.

Well 4.3 is here Musclenerd, what's the answer? :eek:

Just say you guys can't do it yet and you're sorry. Is your e-street cred and Twitter count that important to you? Oh wait, right, you're waiting for the "perfect time" to unveil it.....:apple:

2. APtalent macrumors regular

Aww

Someone's mad they're going to use their iPhone 4 as an iPod FOREVER.

3. 24usedtorock thread starter macrumors regular

Not mad, I've only been waiting for a couple weeks. I feel bad for those waiting for months.

I just wish they'd come out and say, we actually have no ****** idea what we are doing, and everything we have tried failed. I think a lot of people would respect that more than the vague updates.

4. intoxicated662 macrumors regular

I completely agree with the OP. They make things worse when they say this and that, just leading people on. Like John Lennon said, gimme some truth. By the way, my ip4 is being used alot more than just an iPod. Also, tmobile service is way better in my area and they give me bonus minutes per a certain amount I purchase & their customer service is better.

5. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I can't bring myself to feel bad for anyone who bought a LOCKED phone in the hopes that a group of independent developers would somehow unlock it. They knew that there was a chance that it may never be unlocked.

6. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

I agree with the op however, its just a pain in the ass to lock these phones, i mean what AT&T iphone are all gonna defect to 3gless service ya doubt it. Unlocking is really just for the travelers benefit and nothing else. Rant over...

7. gooddeal macrumors regular

gooddeal

Yeb, my brother gave up on his iPhone 4 about a month ago and got a factory unlocked. He paid $600 for the first iPhone. I bought it from him for $450 b/c I hate to see someone else got a new iPhone for that cheap.

He paid almost $800 for the unlocked version from Singapore.

I think the information like this that makes most people angry.

8. CZK macrumors 6502a

I agree that they should give information about whats going on. Why are they feeding the hype while they can't deliver anything.

No unlock since sept 2010. Longest gap.

btw umad ? [​IMG]

9. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

Here is the best thing to do if you have a problem..

Figure it out yourself. Then you won't have to wait for the Dev Team.

10. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

so useful information lol

11. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

It really is, you people seem to think you are entitled to these things. If it were so easy you wouldn't be moaning on these forums and go and try to figure out how to hack/unlock it yourself.

12. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

no I agree with you, however it is frustrating that we the land of the free have locked phones for some damn reason while every other country can get it unlocked, and purchasing a phone for 1000 dollars is just highway robbery.

But the op is just pissed that, we are being lead on and something might be coming but it hasnt come for months. the situation just sucks period.

13. bkushner, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011

bkushner macrumors regular

If you can do better, please say so. It is a free service.

14. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Op, stop being whiney and man up. These people who can unlock the iPhones dont owe you anything. They don't even get paid for what they do. But then again I'm sure you've never missed a deadline, ever, in your life. We get these threads everyday no one cares anymore. It all been said before

15. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

This is tough... I can understand on both sides. I have an unlock iPhone 4 and I have been careful not to do anything stupid ofcourse. OP has some strong statements. Instead of making a hype and making everyone to believe the unlock is almost out is just ridiculous. They should just say None of our method works and were sorry. That plain and simple.

16. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

yep, i could relate to the frustration the OP is having, but he should not be expecting anything from them.

17. gooddeal macrumors regular

gooddeal

thank you.

18. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Oh dear jeebus, they said the unlock was coming out after 4.3, but they didn't say when. They have to make sure the solution they come up with for the 4.3gm will also work; that's called testing. It's obvious you don't care if the unlock screws up your phone, but the rest of us do. :rolleyes:

19. labman, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

If having a unlocked Iphone was that important too me. I would spend the extra cash and get a Factory Unlocked phone. (Problem Solved) you can even sell your locked sim phone then use the money towards a factory unlocked. and once again more people just need to learn how to hack or stop bitching! ;) I wish the Dev-team could hand select who gets jailbreaks and unlocks. No Unlock for you!

20. Stankonia macrumors regular

Executive summary:

Person who feels entitled to something for free also wants it NOW

21. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

Prettttty much. They offer a free service. You can't be angry because of things they say or things they don't do in a 'timely' fashion.

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Well said.
    Look who's talking calling MN a talentless hacker:rolleyes:
    Maybe the OP can give us the next unlock then since he's better and stop talking trash.

23. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Who knows, maybe the OP will come up with an unl0ck before them. ;P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.