MuscleNerd tweet indication of 4.1 JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by oplix, Sep 7, 2010.

1. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

MuscleNerd

After Apple's reset, I've set up "MuscleNerd" GameCenter ID again.. feel free to add me (excited that it's almost here!)
    about 5 hours ago via web

Could this be a indication that 4.1 is already JB'd and there will be a JB for us once it officially comes out? Guess we will wait and see.

2. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Sorry I'm not following as to why you think this would indicate that a 4.1 jailbreak is on the way?

Apple reset GameCenter ID's and he picked MuscleNerd.

Sorry if I'm not seeing your point, please elaborate!

Thanks
    AE

3. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Yea that has nothing to do with a 4.1 jailbreak. But from chatter on twitter it seems pod2g might have found something.

4. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Yea I heard a million ppl say pod2g is assume for no reason, he doesnt even have a twitter and they are tweeting it. Funny

Thanks
    AE

5. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

It's just like when @comex said he would release the 4.0JB when its ready yet everyone and every blog kept predicting every Sunday of that month.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds just about gamecenter. No mention of jb.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

my guess is since 4.1 offers at least a few features we will get a jailbreak soon. unlike 4.1.2 but musclenerd jailbreak confirmed because of gamecenter I think that's a stretch.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

he just wanted the username in gamecenter, nothing more...

The only thing we know is that Comex might not be the one that found the next jb based on his twitter:
    "@ariif next jb might not come from me :D
    about 1 hour ago via Twitterrific in reply to ariif"

They are all entertained right now 'hacking' the new kid, the PS3!

9. Gavernty macrumors 6502

didn't he tweet the other day that comex had another userland jailbreak prepared that would possibly work

10. Kayan macrumors 6502

OP does have a good point though...doesn't seem like MuscleNerd would update to 4.1 for Gamecenter unless he could JB it, and if he can JB it, then hopefully that means it'll come to public soon. Probably not enough to read into to start a new thread, but it's fun speculation.

11. felt. macrumors 6502a

There better be a 4.1 jb as iphone4 can't FaceTime with iPod touch unless it's running 4.1

12. oplix thread starter macrumors 65816

oplix

I just made that assumption because MuscleNerd is synonymous with Jailbreak. I just assumed since he was using Game Center that there was a chance it was on a JB'd device.

13. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Those people have jailbreaks for themselves, some don't make it to the public for a while, he can jailbreak every phone he has without releasing a jb to the public, that way apple doesnt know about it.

Thanks
    AE

14. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

Not necessarily, for all we know he hasn't even thought of a JB for 4.1 yet, nor found an exploit. It's not like he can whip up a JB in a matter of days, it takes work with a team to do it. And unless you have some kind of proof that indicates he has a JB for himself that he won't share, your kind of slandering him.

15. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Do you not remember when they were showing of their 4.0 jailbroken iphone 4's? its because they use apple's code to jailbreak it. They can't release apple code to the public, but they can "use" it for themselves of course because who will know.

Please read about jailbreaking before making me sound like I'm bashing them, because I'm not. They can jailbreak their phones easier than they can release a public jailbreak because they can use apple code to do it.

Thanks
    AE

16. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I just wanted to add to this conversation that one can do a hardware based unlock that involves disassembly of the unit itself and 'tweaking it' as another way, also modchips in electronics anyone?... for example geohotz unlock started as hardware based and went on to just software based for distribution to the masses... Also modified original apple code could be used by them for personal use... Comex is a one man store, he rooted the wii and the iPhone by himself, the same w/ geohotz, you don't need a team if you are really smart and know how to find the sweet spot!

17. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

.....Whut

18. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

I'm talking about software jailbreak. And yes I highlighted the part of your post that I said earlier and is true.

Thanks
    AE

19. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

If you open anything with a CPU and put a hammer to it a few times, you can jailbreak almost anything.

20. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Looks like that's what Geohot did to this PS3

[​IMG]

21. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

22. JeffLebowski41 macrumors regular

Nice entitlement

23. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I think that they'll release a 4.1 jailbreak if it's an easy one (relatively speaking) for them to do, or if they have an existing exploit that will work with 4.1. Otherwise, you'll probably see them wait for 4.2, which may be the last of the major 4.x releases for a while.

24. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Isn't that how he hacked his ps3? Now it's just a simple little file to install, which you can install via:

Android phone
    nokia n900 phone
    iPhone
    Ti-84 Calculator
    USB
    That motherboard looking thing

25. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

VIA IPHONE? are you serious, i have an iphone 4, can I do it? its jailbroken. I didnt hear of this jailbreak being ported to the iPhone.

Thanks
    AE