Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

checkflag

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
Ok, so i was talking to my therapist today about getting the iphone, and she mentioned that the iphone would only play music that was actually purchased through itunes in an effort to sway pirated music from being played on the phone.

Is there any truth to this?

does that mean that our itunes libraries will not play if we didnt buy any particular song through Itunes?

or should we not worry.

on another note, who is going to wait for a bit to see what happens when tha waters calm? I personally will wait for a little bit to see what developments come about after the iphone sea's calm down a bit. There is quite a storm coming on the 29th of june 6pm

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
It's an iPod, so it's [extremely] safe to assume it will play at least the same formats as a stand-alone iPod:

iPod Technical Specifications:
"Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV"

checkflag

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
You're talking to a therapist about the iPhone? How bad is this obsession? :eek:

It was brought up because I temporrily lost my razr, so i thought I might have to get something new. I found the razr, so I will wait a bit b4 iphone thing.

whole dialouge lasted 1.5 minutes. I moved on :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.