Music on the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by whynotgotovegas, Apr 2, 2012.

?

Do you listen to music on your iPad?

1. Yes, all the time.

37 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. Sometimes, not all of the time though.

64 vote(s)
    29.9%
  3. Rarely, but it happens occasionally.

62 vote(s)
    29.0%
  4. Never, don't have 1 song on it.

51 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. whynotgotovegas macrumors member

How many of you actually listen to music through your iPad? Because my iPad is only 16gb, I store only like 3 albums on here and honestly, it's kinda big to use it as a music device. I also have an iPod touch and iPhone to listen to music on. Does anybody use their iPad to listen to music on a regular basis?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

If I happen to be sitting in my office or at home using it not around other people, I'll pop on iTunes Match and listen to an album over the speaker. Otherwise, my iPhone is what I listen to with headphones any other time.

3. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I don't store any music on either my iPhone or iPad. I've got my Pandora and Slacker stations so dialed in that they are pretty much all I'd ever want to listen to.

4. whynotgotovegas thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I use slacker at home too. Not a fan of pandora though :rolleyes: I used to listen to music on my iPad all the time, but now I have my iPhone and iPod. Before I only had my iPod, and on trips and such the battery would die.

5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

All the time for AirPlay to various places in my house. Also if you are worried about space for music, look into iTunes Match.

6. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I went 32 GB this time around and have found that I have plenty of storage left for my music now. So with this one, I have been carrying around a LOT more music on my iPad than I normally would.

7. xyphr3 macrumors member

8. whynotgotovegas thread starter macrumors member

True, but do you actually listen to your music on it? Before I got my iPhone, I was always deleting apps to find more space for music that I wouldn't even listen to on my iPad.

9. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Use my iPhone mostly.
    However using the new iPad like an iPod, the battery life, with the screen and radios off just playing music is incredible

10. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

I have my favorite 15/20 playlists, approx 1200 songs. I listen to music whenever I'm using my iPad alone.

11. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

usually i dont. I have a phone, an ipod nano, and a surround sound system at home to listen to music. But i do have some albums on there, just in case of an emergency :D.

I have also tried google music (i believe you get 20,000 music uploads, not including the ones you buy from google music) and so I'm just streaming music from there now. It's easier and saves me some space. There are a few apps for it too (majority are paid apps)... but it's not a bad deal. 1 gmail account = 20,000 slots for music.

12. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I've filled my 16GB with 10GB of Music. I use it rather frequently!

13. MaxxTraxx macrumors 6502

No music at all on my iPad. Even with 32GB, I don't feel the need to waste space on music.

If I want to listen to music, I just open Pandora.

14. oli356 macrumors 6502

Synced music, never. I've never had a song on my iPad 1.

Streaming music from the DI.fm app, I listen to this every night.

15. No-Me macrumors 6502a

I have iTunes match and only listen to music on my iPad at home, most of the time I play it directly to my airport express that is connected to my stereo.

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I like streaming music from my iPad to my bluetooth speakers. I tried using the iPhone for a while, but having to reach for another device to control the music gets old quick. So I keep my entire music collection, which is currently around 40GB, on the iPad, and keep having to fight for space for apps and video. I really hope they up the storage capacity on the next iPad, because right now I don't have enough!

17. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

If I'm using my iPad while wandering about the house, I'll sometimes plug in my headphones and listen to music.

18. ewo1992 macrumors regular

ewo1992

19. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I reserve my iPad for mostly NEW music. I tend to pre-order stuff that I know I will want when it comes out. I have it set to automatically hit both my iPhone and iPad when available. That way when I'm on the train to and from work, it's ready on whichever device I'm using. On my 16 GB, I would constantly have to delete it again to make room for other stuff, but I have a feeling that won't be the case now.

So yes, depending on what I'm doing on the train, I DO actually listen to it on my iPad.

20. TheRedOx macrumors member

TheRedOx

I put my entire library (6GB) on the iPad when I first set it up but this thread made me realize that I'll never, ever listen to music on it. Thanks for freeing up the space - just didn't dawn on me that I don't need it on there. All my music is on my phone and I rarely listen to that either - I love my Spotify

21. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I put a few songs on it for trip I just took recently to check it out, but it's a bit unwieldy to me as a music player. I prefer to have my music on a music specific device (iPod). On the iPad I had to go back and forth too much from reading to changing songs or whatever.

22. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

All the time....my iPad sits in my bag while I commute. I listen via bluetooth headphones to/from work everyday.

23. VFC macrumors 6502a

Dumb question from someone who is still deciding if I should get an iPad; can you listen to music in the background while surfing the web or reading e-mail?

24. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I have my music on both my iPod and iPhone. I did put some music on the iPad however I don't find myself listening to it all that much and probably going to delete all the music off of it. With the portability of the nano and the iPhone being attached to my hip, I think I can spare the room on the iPad and use it for more movies or apps or something.