Music plays when I stop a Call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yrsued, Jul 14, 2015.

1. yrsued macrumors regular

Guys and Gals, am I alone with this issue??
    This has been happening for a week or so, since the last IOS Update.
    When I make a call and I stop the call, music plays from my music app, but the app is turned off.
    How can I make this stop?
    Thanks

2. comics addict macrumors 6502a

As I understand it that is normal behavior. Once you hang up a call, if you had music playing either front and center or in the background, resumes just like that.

3. yrsued thread starter macrumors regular

Well , that is what's funny, the Music app is OFF and NOT running at all!! Background and Foreground or anything at all!!
    It just starts playing random music when I hang up "Some Calls"

4. comics addict macrumors 6502a

How can your music be "OFF" ? Unless you have restricted access to it, the built-in music app is always there, with or without files in it, and not something that works like a toggle on/off switch

5. yrsued thread starter macrumors regular

OK, the APP is NOT running!!

The issue its still there.

I hang up and music plays, some random song starts playing.

6. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

That's not normal, reset or restore your iPhone. Sometimes iOS updates go haywire.

7. yrsued thread starter macrumors regular

Already done and still happens, I was wondering if this happens to anyone else.

8. techspin macrumors 6502a

Do you have anything plugged in the headphone jack? Or use bluetooth? Any error logs in diagnostics and usage? I would try a backup and restore from iTunes.

9. yrsued thread starter macrumors regular

Bluetooth only.

I need to take it to the store, I'm Joint Venture and they get me appointments fairly fast.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm resurrecting this thread to see if others are having similar issues. I have a similar problem intermittently, and I think I found what's causing the issue, at least in my scenario, using the Apple EarPods. I'm sure it's really a "feature", but I consider it a "bug".

I'm using an iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.2, using Apple EarPods for phone calls and FaceTime audio calls.
    1. Open Music app
    2. Clear Up Next list.
    3. Make sure no music is playing.
    4. Double-tap home button and swipe Music app up to close app.
    5. Music is not playing or paused, and does not appear on lock screen or on recently used app list.
    6. Turn iPhone off, then back on.
    7. Verify Music app is not playing.
    8. Double-tap home button to see Music app does not appear on recently used app list.
    9. Pinch center button on Apple EarPods.
    10. Music starts playing random song.
    11. Double-tap home button to see Music app is still not on the recently used app list, even though it is currently playing.
    12. Open Music app.
    13. Tap on song currently playing.
    14. Tap icon on right to view Up Next list
    15. Up Next list is now populated with random songs, even though it was previously cleared.
    I had been pinching the button on the EarPods to end calls, and apparently pinched twice or pinched after call had ended on occasion, which was starting music. This is not a cool "feature", IMHO.

11. potus89 macrumors newbie

potus89

I made an account just for this problem...I cannot find the solution anywhere...I even deleted all the music off my iphone and then it starts playing Spotify when i wasn't even listening to that to begin with.. I was listening to the radio, took a call through bluetooth(car) left the car (key event) then once i hang up my phone, music plays..