Muzetto VS. Saddleback Messenger

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by broboore, Jul 19, 2011.

1. broboore macrumors regular

broboore

I need a new case to carry both my iPad and Macbook Pro.

Which of these bags do you like better, and why?

Muzetto

http://www.sfbags.com/products/muzetto/muzetto.php

Saddleback Messenger

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/81-Leather-Messenger Bags-SaddleBack-Bags

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you. I would love to hear from people that have actually owned these cases. Would also like to see pictures of cases after some time has passed. I know both of these are notorious for getting that "broken in" look.

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

While these 2 bags and manufacturers are of the same quality, the style of these 2 bags could not be more different. One is cowboy/Old West chic while one is just chic.

3. sexytabitha macrumors regular

I have the 10" Muzetto and absolutely love it. It's very high quality an just the right size. Fits the iPad keyboard cables phone keys and such with room to spare. Easy access just perfect and ,adw in the USA

4. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

No offense, but if you've got that kind of money to blow on an iPad case, I'd like to redirect you to the nearest shelter for the homeless or battered wives where your mad money can be put to better use.

5. glen e macrumors 68030

Some of us do business where a quality case is needed. If I was a college senior, I'd get a 20 dollar book bag, But when working in many fields, at the exec level, it looks pretty stupid to be walking into a multimillion dollar contract conference with an eBay Chinese junk bag....

Too many here frame their responses based on their experience, not the whole picture......

I run with a Waterfield Cargo and Cozmo for business, and a std wallmart backpack on personal time.

6. broboore thread starter macrumors regular

broboore

@sexytabitha - How long have you had it? Do you have any pictures of it broken in?

@blindmellon - None taken. However, we post in a forum of strictly luxury items. I'm sure the same could be said of any item in your signature "nano, touch, pad, phone "

7. TC25 macrumors 68020

We'll do that as soon as you sell your nano, touch, pad and phone.

8. Farrellcollie, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

If you were interested in considering other leather bags, I have both the Barrister 2 compartment bag from http://www.customhide.com/leather_briefcases.html
    It fits the ipad in its maroo leather cover in the first pocket and my macbook pro in the second pocket and leaves a lot of room for files etc in the back pocket.

I also have the brown bag company alpine mailbag for when I want/need a smaller bag to carry both

www.amazon.com/Brown-Bag-Company-31...SPSA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311172525&sr=8-1

I like both of these bags a lot and use the alpine bag the most. The Alpine bag has a very sturdy zippered pocket in front and the leather is very nice. The other bag is nice but large (which I do need sometimes - just not every day).

I chose these because I wanted a front clasp of some type which the muzetto does not have (I personally did not like the large flap with nothing to clasp it closed) and because I did not want/need all the hardware (rings and such) on the saddleback. Also I like having at least the one zippered pocket on both bags which the saddleback does not have.

9. broboore thread starter macrumors regular

broboore

These both look good. On the Saddleback, (which I currently own), I'm not sure if I'm patient enough for the break in period. The leather is pretty stiff. Now that you mention it, the metal might be a problem as well.

I had a Muzetto at one point and really liked it. I returned it, because I felt there were just a few too many scuffs for the price I paid. It almost felt like I was shipped a customer return.

10. sexytabitha macrumors regular

I have only had it for about 1 month as far as broken in there is nothing to break in, a leather flap and leather sides ?

11. madoka macrumors 6502

madoka

12. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Big? How about humungous? You're right. It won't be mistaken for a purse. Might be mistaken for a billboard case though. :D

Attached Files:

13. broboore thread starter macrumors regular

broboore

@ sexytabitha - Thanks for the response. I was speaking more of the patina that the leather gets from daily use. Scratches, scuffs, etc.

@ madoka - That's what I am afraid of with the Saddleback. It's beautiful, and tough, but heavy.

@ jsh1120 - LOL

14. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

One of the reasons I bought a Muzetto is because it doesn't have any front clasps, etc.

15. sexytabitha macrumors regular

it does show scratches and rub marks, i have the brown leather but they go away with alittle saddle soap. I love it

16. glen e, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

glen e macrumors 68030

Exactly...always surprises me how many people don't know how to maintain leather...like they never had shoes! All my leather items get Kiwi natural color(clear) leather cleaner every 30 days or so....one briefcase I have is 2 yrs old and used daily...still looks new

17. broboore thread starter macrumors regular

broboore

Thanks for the input guys.

I have sold my Saddleback on Ebay. It was a great bag, but it weighs 5 pounds without anything in it.

I ordered a 13' Muzetto in Brown/Copper. Looking forward to getting it.

18. broboore thread starter macrumors regular

broboore

I don't have a problem with the patina. I have seen some great examples of this in pictures on Google. Every scar seems to be more character.

19. sexytabitha macrumors regular

youll love the bag, i wish i would have went with the `13" instead of the 10" my 13" custom MBA will be here Wed it will fit but stick out a tad bit.

20. broboore thread starter macrumors regular

broboore

FYI - Their customer service is amazing. You may want to email them and see if they will exchange for you. I have friends that have dealt with them in past and pulled off some cool stuff for them. If you've only had yours for a month, they may help you out.

21. sexytabitha macrumors regular

yes they do have the best customer service, ill probably just go for the 13' after all its supporting american business and a great one at that.

22. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

I'm actually kinda curious what type of scuffs you are talking about here. Could you give a little bit of detail?

23. broboore thread starter macrumors regular

broboore

24. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

Hmm, indeed. I got one of these bags recently myself, and the leather certainly isn't uniform. With leather it's obviously hard to get that right doing it naturally.

I was just curious how it compared to mine, not that I'd doubt your word per se. I don't think many customers for this product don't know what they are getting into. :)

25. sexytabitha macrumors regular

well i have a brown 10" muzetto and just placed my order for the 13" since i have my 13" MBA and its a tight fit with the iPad and things. Love them love the look love everything about them. Shame that i have to wait a month for it. spent 3 days looking at the saddleback i really liked the look however they just don't seem well planned out. they don't have the zippered pocket and the pouches so everything is just thrown in the bag. The muzetto is just so well thought out and lined so beautifully and has a padded shoulder strap and $60 for shipping? wow I don't mind paying shipping but $60 thats over half the price of the case.