MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

We get a lot of unconfirmed and outright fake rumor submissions here at MacRumors.com. We are unable to verify many of our submissions and so they go unpublished. Here's a collection of rejected/unconfirmed rumors in the days leading up to Macworld:

• MWSF Releases: iPhone, iMac Quad Core, true video iPod, something related to iTunes

• Cingular Technical Support mentioned they just had a large influx of Mac qualified technical support people over the last few weeks. They have increased their Mac Support team by 10x more than it was just 2 weeks ago.

• A friend has seen the Video iPod... full screen with touch bezel.

• Apple Phone at Macworld: CDMA, Dual Battery Power, Bluetooth 2.0 + Wifi, 4GB ($275) and 8GB ($335), Sync - same content as .Mac (.Mac compatible), Compatible with Tiger - enhancements with Leopard, LAN line phones also in development

• New Displays announced: HDMI and iSight built in. 17" is introduced. All displays are $75 more than previous generation.

• New iPod at Macworld. 3.5 Inch screen, Bluetooth. NOT a touch-screen. Controlled through invisible "touchstrip" on the top side of the iPod that corresponds to symbols that appear on the upper portion of the iPod screen. 30GB $300, 80GB $400

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
my friend has seen an iPod Video...

some people do make you how stupid some people can be at times. *shakes fist*

you n00bs!!

Anyhoo, I predict an Intel G3 :D

mr.barkan

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2006
Sao Paulo, Brazil
apple phone CDMA?? That would be a really really bad move...
The world is adopting GSM as standard, it would also be better to have it sold independently which I would guess they would go for. Although it would be better to have it on discount with phone companies.
also the major CDMA company in US is soon merging with a big GSM. So... bye bye CDMA in the US.

Just my 5cents. =)

miketcool

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
California
I will say that if no posts on mysterious elevator pics, taken by caffeine addicts with smudgie-lensed mobile cameras, show up, I will be sorely dissapointed.

balamw

Aug 16, 2005
New England
I will say that if no posts on mysterious elevator pics, taken by caffeine addicts with smudgie-lensed mobile cameras, show up, I will be sorely dissapointed.

5 more days. At least two of them seem consistent, vidPod w/ touch bezel which we know was at least considered thanks to the patent.

B

balamw

Aug 16, 2005
New England
It used to be only 2 cents last time I checked. Geez, this inflation is a killer! ;)

It was l33t speak for scents. It smells bad. ;)

FWIW the GSM world is moving to W-CDMA/IMT-2000/UMTS whatever you want to call it which is more like CDMA than straightforward GSM.

B

plunar

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2003
apple phone CDMA?? That would be a really really bad move...
The world is adopting GSM as standard, it would also be better to have it sold independently which I would guess they would go for. Although it would be better to have it on discount with phone companies.
also the major CDMA company in US is soon merging with a big GSM. So... bye bye CDMA in the US.

Just my 5cents. =)

Not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but CDMA subscriber numbers are set to overtake GSM in '07. And Europe is not the "world." CDMA networks have been built in China, HK, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, Malayasia and a host of other places where most of the people in the world live. and just fyi, in the vast majority of places with both networks, the CDMA services far outstrip their GSM counterparts.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
iMac quad core? Apple's Computer lines need some work. iMac doesnt need a quad core but it does need graphic options across the board no matter what size screen you buy. These rumors dont encourage the computer buyer.
Phones & Pods are great but Apple needs to work on its computer lines. Video Graphics and TV tuners are really holding down Apple in my view. Its past time for Apple to address these problems.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
One of my Chinese colleagues' wife's cousin's husband works for Foxconn in China and has seen boxes full of iPhones.

That's exactly what he told me. The chain of information is accurate. It's up to you to believe it or not.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Now these are rumors!

My exact thought! I second this sentiment... Now this is what I log in to Macrumors to see. :D

Let's see... Let's say two of the products are essentially correct. I think they are (I peered into my magic crystal apple, so I'm pretty sure I'm right):

First choice:
• New iPod at Macworld. 3.5 Inch screen, Bluetooth. NOT a touch-screen. Controlled through invisible "touchstrip" on the top side of the iPod that corresponds to symbols that appear on the upper portion of the iPod screen. 30GB $300, 80GB $400

Second choice:
Apple Phone at Macworld: CDMA, Dual Battery Power, Bluetooth 2.0 + Wifi, 4GB ($275) and 8GB ($335)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.