Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timpdude

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2006
I have seen a video iPod... a TRUE video iPod..

I have a 30gb sitting right here watching it right now. It came out a little over a year ago and I bought it a year ago this week....

Why is it that people continue to say "true video iPod" when that has been here for a long time?!?!

The stupidity of folks amazes me.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
I have seen a video iPod... a TRUE video iPod..

I have a 30gb sitting right here watching it right now. It came out a little over a year ago and I bought it a year ago this week....

Why is it that people continue to say "true video iPod" when that has been here for a long time?!?!

The stupidity of folks amazes me.

True video ipod will be here when APPLE calls its a Video iPod and not an iPod with Video. 2.5" is a little to small for me, but i do see your point.

brendanryder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
Calgary
iphone CDMA
that would be great
but i highly dought that the true video ipod will come out
y would hey introduce 2 of the biggest produts apple has seen in 1 day
it kinda would be stupid dont u think?

plunar

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2003
i'm expecting the phone to be gsm (for now). while cdma is definitely a better technology, gsm is 1. everywhere and 2. gsm phones are easier to engineer and 3. cheaper to build.

i expect it will play out much like the razr has.

LionsKiss

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2006
HK
I hope if there is an iPod video that it supports xvid/dvix amd svcd ^^ ....rmvb is too much to ask

mattalici

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2003
LA
oh man THIS IS SO AWESOME

it's...

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!

doo dee doo doo

doo dee doo dee doo

i'm saying, NO PHONE, yes to Leopard super cool super secret stuff and a shipping date, yes to iLife '07, and one more thing, 12 inch super light MBP TA DA GO HOME!

no way we're going to get 3 uber announcements on one day, so strike either new iPods or new Phones or new iTV's, y'all ain't gonna get all three...

and if we do, long live Steve!

Bregalad

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Vancouver
One of my Chinese colleagues' wife's cousin's husband works for Foxconn in China and has seen boxes full of iPhones.

That's exactly what he told me. The chain of information is accurate. It's up to you to believe it or not.

I believe it. LinkSys announced a family of VoIP products called the iPhone on December 18.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
I've heard that Apple may be forbidding carriers to subsidize (ie sell a phone for $99 vs $500) phones so that Apple can control the software on the device, if Apple allows for the subsidizing of the phones, then the carriers may be able to control the software, not sure if it's true or not though.

But I wouldn't want to see the iChat application replaced with some slow arsed java app

zachonhismac

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2007
Kansas City
Hmmm

Originally Posted by Macrumors
• A friend has seen the Video iPod... full screen with touch bezel.

hmmm....guys you heard it here first.....thats real convincing

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I think it is time for an update

I think that it is time for an improved UI of the iPod. I think they should keep the scroll wheel but loose that multiple screen flipping thing going on with the iPod. The full screen video pod should be a breakthrough in Apple design. Not just a bigger iPod with the same interface and features and touch screen.

Forget about WiFi and bluetooth transfers. I am sure that MS is think of that same junk with their crap player. Apple needs to put their foot in this one.

As for the rumors and junk that was posted here. :D LOL yeah.. 17 inch with iSight at what? $500 when no pro is going to get a 17inch and most consumers can get a comparable monitor for $250. And there are heated debates about why Apple charges what they do given the specs of their monitors... I am not getting into that again. But upping the price $75 and putting in a usless isight camera on a professional monitor is not Apples motif. Especially if they aren't drastically redesigning them like they did in 2002 when the ACD replaced the ASD.

The quad core iMac would be cool though. Would love to have a Quad Core 24 inch iMac with 4 GB of ram and 750 GB HDD on my desktop. Can they make it aluminum to match the ACD, give it PCI expansion, and call it the the iMacPro :cool: :cool: I called it first.

Ace Pumpkin

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2006
Touch-bezel avoids smudging

A touch screen would smudge way too often, as numerous people have reasonably stated. That's why a touch-sensitive bezel makes sense (or at least isn't far-fetched conceptually).

It would also make the lock function even more useful than it is now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.