My 2G iPhone lost it's antenna

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sellitman, Jan 28, 2010.

  1. sellitman macrumors regular

    sellitman

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2007
    Location:
    CT
    #1
    It will not pick up wifi or Blue Tooth anymore. Everything else works. I brought it to the Apple Store and they said "buy a new phone".

    My question is should I wait until the new iPhone comes out? I understand that if I do then I will probably be waiting until June or July. If I get the 3GS unit now then I will be kicking myself in June.

    What would you do?

    How much better will be the next version? Leaps and bounds or a incremental change?
    :confused:
     
  2. jav6454 macrumors P6

    jav6454

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2007
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #2
    Call Apple Care, they are much more efficient at handling cases like this. I believe that to fix your iPhone, there will be a $199 charge if it's out of warranty.

    Also, it's better for the person to say, buy a new one because it makes their life easier instead of troubleshooting.
     
  3. sellitman thread starter macrumors regular

    sellitman

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2007
    Location:
    CT
    #3
    That's the cost of a new iPhone. No reason to fix my old one in that case.
     
  4. jav6454 macrumors P6

    jav6454

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2007
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #4
    It all depends on your needs, if you feel you can stand 5 more months then no reason to do it; however, if you wish to resell your iPhone later, then yes do it (the iPhone repaired will have a higher retail value). I for one would regardless.
     

Share This Page