Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swoz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I was tinkering with my wifi settings a bit earlier and everything's working now. My Macbook, iPod touch, and my first generation iPhone are all working properly via wifi. However, everytime I enter my network on my 3G (which I got about a month ago), it says "Cannot find the network xxx". I have done everything to try and get it working - plugging it into my Macbook, resetting the network settings, taking out the SIM card, I even put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes because I thought it could've gotten overheated! Still nothing. The nearest Apple store is about 60-70 miles away from here and I wouldn't be able to go until Tuesday. Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I was tinkering with my wifi settings a bit earlier and everything's working now. My Macbook, iPod touch, and my first generation iPhone are all working properly via wifi. However, everytime I enter my network on my 3G (which I got about a month ago), it says "Cannot find the network xxx". I have done everything to try and get it working - plugging it into my Macbook, resetting the network settings, taking out the SIM card, I even put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes because I thought it could've gotten overheated! Still nothing. The nearest Apple store is about 60-70 miles away from here and I wouldn't be able to go until Tuesday. Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do?

The 3G has a weaker Wi-Fi reception than the 2G. It is a known fact difference among the two.

swoz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Anybody have any suggestions? Should I go to AT&T tomorrow? My router is about a foot away from my desk, on the floor. I stood over it for about 10 minutes with my 3G trying to connect, but nothing. However my signal is strong in the kitchen using my old iPhone. This is very frustrating. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.