My Apology to the MacRumors Community

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ThatiPhoneKid, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatiPhoneKid macrumors 6502a

To Community,

I wanted to write an apology to anyone in the MacRumors community I have ever been slightly impatient with and I wanted to apologise to any of you who find some of my posts annoying.

I understand that my threads and posts at times are posts which moan about Apple or I may make defensive posts to users which can come across as aggressive and I wanted you all to know that it is not my intention to make anyone feel uncomfortable, I understand that many people in this community love apple products and I am one of those people, however sometimes I can get frustrated with Apple and the Industry and that is why I make threads ranting about this.

Sometimes I can make threads and or posts which some users don’t believe are true and some of you think I may be trolling, however I promise you I am not, one of my posts many people thought I was trolling with was when I asked if a spider could have caused a scratch on my iPhone, I can hand on heart say that this was not a joke however I can see how this may have came across that way. This is something I need to work on, I need to start using common sense and not make ridiculous posts which can give the impression that I am trolling.

There is just over two weeks left of 2018 and to be honest I am looking forward to 2019, I want to grow up, and I don’t want to make enemy’s. I hope in 2019 I can become a popular member of this community and I want to start making more intelligent and purposeful threads and posts and something I haven’t really done on MacRumors is help others with their questions and this is something I want to start doing. I really am sorry to you all.

I really hope that this can be a fresh start for me, and I truly hope anyone who dislikes me or anyone who I have annoyed can forgive me. In a world where there is so much hate, fighting and division I want to make peace.

Wishing you all a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Asking for your forgiveness,

ThatiPhoneKid

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

It’s just a forum about Apple products buddy. Don’t worry. :)

3. niji, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018

niji Contributor

niji

on-line bad behavior is frequently symptomatic of real world (off-line) problems relating with people.
    advice: get off line and solve real world relationship issues. your on-line persona will be led by the degree of that success.

4. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I’ve never read anything by you that needs forgiven. Yet, consider your apology accepted.

5. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Nobody here needs or deserves an apology from you, or anyone else in an online Forum
    The fact that you feel the need to give one speaks more about how you see yourself at this point in your life than how others here see you
    Self reflection can be good and a way to improves ourselves, as long as you don't grow overly critical and judgmental
    Taking responsibility for your actions and attitude is a healthy way to grow
    And hopefully the new year will bring you a fresh start in many areas of your life, not just online

6. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

No need to apologize. Part of growing up is realizing that you will inevitably upset people just by existing, even if you try your hardest to be nice, kind, understanding, non-judgmental, polite, etc... You cannot make everyone happy. Politicians with tons of money and people skills beyond yours/mine x900000 can't keep everyone happy. There are a lot of unreasonable people on the internet that bring their miserable lives to the "table" and attempt to affect others similarly - misery loves company. Not everyone has good easy lives either, life is hard.

Just live life and be happy. Try not to piss off other people, try to be understanding - that's all anyone can ask of you. No one is perfect. If we all tried a little harder to be nice to others, life here on this planet would be a lot nicer.

Remember, people's opinion of you doesn't and shouldn't define your life or your happiness.

7. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

Gonna have to echo everybody else's sentiments here and say it's no problem. Your threads range from expressions of personal opinion (To Apple, I'm Mad…) to very amusing (that spider bite one. Sorry. :p), and neither of those require apology in my book.

In my experience, the quickest way to a MacRumors user's heart is through their stomachs animated GIFs. :)

8. Easttime macrumors 6502

The most powerful healing agent is forgiveness. Foregiving onself, and feeling accepted by the community. You have nothing to apologize to me for, carry on and keep enjoying being part of all this. As someone said, it’s just a user forum.

9. Erehy Dobon, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018

Erehy Dobon macrumors newbie

Erehy Dobon

No one is entitled to trust. Trust is earned, not a birthright.

Yes, MacRumors is "just a user forum" [sic] but it's still an online community.

The biggest problem with a few people making sh!tposts is that it reflects poorly on the overall community, just like tagging/graffiti decreases a physical community's real estate value.

This is an issue for newcomers. Let's say you are looking at a property in a neighborhood of 5000 people and you see some tagging. Is this just two people, twenty or two hundred? Worse, even if it's two people, if the community lets it stand, that's basically an endorsement of the behavior. How do you know?

Anyhow, there are even more important issues.

Worse, the best and brightest community members are usually the first to leave. They often won't publicly complain. They already know there are other better places to move to.

Post garbage and some people will complain. Many of the ones who don't are probably searching for someone else to go.

10. Sword86 macrumors regular

No issues here.
    This forum is pretty decent. I’ve been on forums where they will completely ignore replying to your posts whatsoever if you ask a question where even the slightest search beforehand would have yielded the answer you were looking for. It’s bad form on most forums to jump right on and ask something asked a million times previously. Some forums expect you to read reams and reams of pages to educate yourself. When you do ask a question, it had better not been brought up, well almost ever before. Kind of harsh IMO.
    I don’t see signs of that here. S

11. OLDGUYWITHAHIFI Suspended

OLDGUYWITHAHIFI

Didn't see any issues with your previous posts, but if you want to strive to be a better person I am all for it. I try everyday to be patient, learn something new, and show compassion, whether it be on a forum or sitting in traffic. Sometimes we let ourselves down. We are all human.

2019 will be a great year for you. Enjoy.

12. ThatiPhoneKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I really appreciate everyone’s kind words. Thank you.

13. yaxomoxay macrumors 68030

yaxomoxay

Don’t worry too much, but - reading this post - I think you should read two books asap:
    1) Jordan B. Peterson, “12 rules of life”
    2) Viktor Frankl, “Man’s search for meaning”

14. MileHighPilot macrumors member

not just on line behavior but it is often reflected in ones work and school assignments

15. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Perhaps you’d also like to buy some indulgences? We’re a reasonable bunch, and this way you can transgress in the future without much worry. There’s a New Year’s special going right now, 2 for 1, stock up!

16. Absrnd macrumors 6502a

Absrnd

It's a shame you didn't learn from your mistakes, and started another...... thread :(

17. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Oh it was inevitable I think.

18. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Perhaps it is only a temporary lapse. Perhaps.

19. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Well, I certainly wouldn't put money on it…

20. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Nor I, in all truth.

Indeed, speculating on the various forms that Brexit might take would probably offer a more predictably rewarding outcome at the bookmaker's, than hazarding your money on this.

21. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

22. Lioness~ macrumors 65816

Lioness~

This is like religious people who confess to the priest and ask for forgiveness on Sunday, and on Monday continue their decadent living ;)

23. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

As long as I'm forgiven, I can keep sinning. I just need to make sure to be forgiven before it's my turn to go! <cough>

24. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

It’s all fine and good to rush a priest to your bedside as you take you last few breaths. But what happens if a piano falls on your head? I usually do preemptive penance so I have a nice cushion should the unexpected happen! A few thousand lashes with a barbed whip builds up some decent credit these days....

25. Scepticalscribe, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Perhaps a nice - exquisitely tailored - hair shirt as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.