Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exiledzuko

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Ordered 9/1 directly after keynote ended:
Sept 26 Shipping Info Received
Sept 27 shipped out from Hong Kong
Estimated Delivery: Sept 30 by 4:30pm
From Hong Kong to Boston in 4 days? I'm very happy.:)

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
Does anyone recall when we ordered if it said "Ships by September" Or "Delivered by September". I have a feeling it said Ships, so there's no reason for us to get mad if we get it Oct 4 or 5th. Darn!

and getting mad helps how?:confused:

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Yeah apple product launches have pretty impressive delivery times. Mines gone from china to Mississauga Ontario in a day and a half. All it's waiting for is the customs release and then it's off to my house tomorrow :) overall delivery time: 2 days. And all this for standard shipping? Very nice.

bestdaniel256

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2009
There is only one Fedex Flight from Hong Kong to Memphis
its Fedex flight 98
its supposed to leave at 9:45 PM local, right nows its 2:44AM

mawool01

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2010
My tracking info still says that it is sitting on Hong Kong. The delivery date is still set for September 30. Anyone else have this as their status?

The plane just landed in Alaska! Fedex is a little behind on updating their system. I checked through Fedex Yahoo and it stated it was in Alaska!

pdyebrasil

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
I was at Lantau Island, HK for quite some time.

My tracking just updated:

Sep 28, 2010 10:52 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
ANCHORAGE, AK

Final dest. is Utah, and still showing delivery by 4:30 pm, Sept. 30th

itsmequinn

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2007
The plane just landed in Alaska! Fedex is a little behind on updating their system. I checked through Fedex Yahoo and it stated it was in Alaska!

Same here. Where will it turn up next, I wonder. I think it's kind of fun to use flightaware to watch the flight take off and land. Very interesting how they manage this whole thing. Unfortunately I don't know where it will go from Alaska since there are so many airports near me.

tommylotto

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2004
I ordered 9/1 at 2:21 pm
Mine will not be delivered until 10/5

I guess a few hour delay will cost me 5 days delay in delivery.

Is this due to higher than expected consumer response or slower than expected manufacturing?

Proteus4

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2006
Mine is sitting in a Mississauga FedEx facility. I should have it by Noon tomorrow (Sept 29, 2010) in Toronto. I ordered right after the conference.

Then again, I work tomorrow so I may not get a chance to grab mine until the 30th. :eek:

baseballboy23ak

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2010
New York City
I ordered 9/1 at 2:21 pm
Mine will not be delivered until 10/5

I guess a few hour delay will cost me 5 days delay in delivery.

Is this due to higher than expected consumer response or slower than expected manufacturing?

i'm with you dude. I think its just an error in the system. It should come on oct 1st i think. where you at?

sullipilot

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2010
Middlebury, CT
Well the good news is the flight from Hong Kong to Memphis left a few hours late! Could mean The late ones made it! But then again could miss connecting flights. Can't wait to get it!
Sully
P.S The FedEx Shenzen flight just landed in Anchorage! Fingers crossed!! (Sorry kind of an aviation geek)

wfj5444

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2008
Well the good news is the flight from Hong Kong to Memphis left a few hours late! Could mean The late ones made it! But then again could miss connecting flights. Can't wait to get it!
Sully
P.S The FedEx Shenzen flight just landed in Anchorage! Fingers crossed!! (Sorry kind of an aviation geek)

I tried to find the flight, but no joy. Please tell us how :)

I know FlightAware is the place to go, but how you found that flight I can't see. Is Memphis the destination?

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
They very well could be on there! I bet those things are scattered all over the asian fleet! I hope they are on board. Waiting until next week for mine is not my cup of tea!
Sully
We got pretty good at looking at FlightAware and lining up the various information from the tracking website with the flight schedules in previous product launches. Especially around the iPad earlier this year. That was madness.

For the most part, all Apple shipments into the CONUS are coming through Anchorage and to Memphis. Flights (and trucks) will carry the products from Memphis to local FedEx distribution centers. Once they hit Memphis, you can use FlightAware to essentially guess which flight out of Memphis your AppleTV might be on. It's a hobby, I suppose. :)

Applepi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Apple TV just landed in my city at the Fed Ex sort facility :) Wish I could go over there and pick it up myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.