My Apple Watch have burned in image

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by spider1135, Jun 10, 2016.

1. spider1135 macrumors newbie

my one year old 38mm Apple Watch have burned in image, is that normal?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

True image burn in is extremely rare in OLED. Image retention is a temporary problem (that looks the same as burn in) that can happen from time to time. However it usually requires a static image to be displayed continuously for several hours.

3. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

+1.

In for pics.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Most likely temporary image retention, unless you're confusing it with the watch face bleeding into other screens as background shadow, which is normal and done on purpose.

5. spider1135 thread starter macrumors newbie

it mights be a image retention, it likes a dark shadow image on the watch screen. it is not showing on the main screen, but when i move up the screen on GLANCES, the burned in or image retention show up there. how to attach a photo here, anyone?

6. rshrugged macrumors 6502a

Click upload a file in a reply window:
    image.png

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I think you're referring to the background shadow from the watch face in the glances. It's there by design and also exists on iPhone, etc.

8. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Oh, you mean like how the watch hands are barely visible in this screenshot from my watch?

Yeah, it's not "burn-in". Like others said already, it's the watch face being pushed to the "background".

You're too young to remember those Pole Position arcade machines with "GAME OVER" permanently burned into the CRT phosphor, aren't you?

[​IMG]

9. spider1135 thread starter macrumors newbie

i got that but i do not know how to get url, the photo is in my macbook photo library, i click on the photo but no url showing. is it something hard or easy to do?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 11, 2016 ---
    it is like let say my watch screen is color butterfly, (one of the watch face), but when I move up the screen face to GLANCES, it shows the shadow of the butterfly, it depending on what watch face it has before, the ghostly shadow of whatever the watch face before, it shows only on GLANCES mode.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Again, this is normal and you should also see this when activating Siri. Don't you notice the same thing on your iPhone (ghostly shadow of your home screen when you pull down Notification Center and of your lock screen when you swipe to the right)?

11. spider1135 thread starter macrumors newbie

i just check my iPhone, the image on my watch is not like that, i want to show the photo here, how to get a photo from my macbook photo library attach here? i click on the photo attachment, it asked for url of the photo, how do i get the url of the photo from macbook, I google it and youtube it but did not show how to do it?
    [​IMG]

12. TasheRAWR macrumors regular

TasheRAWR

You need to upload the image onto an image hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, etc. Once uploaded you should be given a url to be able to share the uploaded image.

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Like below? That's normal.

IMG_5272.jpg

14. spider1135 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not have Flickr and photobucket accounts. Well I need to register those accounts first. Thanks.
    I have the watch over a year, never happen like that, the image retention just started this week.

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You mean the "image retention" like the example below just started this week? Nope, it's been there all along and you've likely never noticed it.

IMG_5272.jpg

16. spider1135 thread starter macrumors newbie

it is something like your photo show here, but believe me it just happen this week, i have it for a year, it is first time i seem them. my 42mm did not show them, when i have both side by side. but the 42mm is only 4 month old, the 38mm is over 12 months and wear it on every day.

17. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Well, everyone has this feature so either you've completely overlooked it or your AW had a bug that prevented this up until now. It's not a burn in or even image retention.

18. spider1135 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. so it is normal to have them. it just bugs me when that happen, i was thinking the watch is just to braking down.
    i just find out flickr is belong to yahoo, i have yahoo account and signed in flickr, and loaded the picture, now how to get the url? thanks.

19. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You don't need to use that approach. Simply upload the jpeg itself from your Macbook photo library using the "Upload a File" button and insert as thumbnail.

20. spider1135 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. so it is normal to got them. it just bugs me when that first happen, i was thinking the watch is about to braking down.
    OK. thank you. but where is the "upload a file" command key from?
    you have to show me step by steps otherwise i am lost.

21. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

This is how you do it on a desktop or laptop browser.

Attached Files:

22. spider1135 thread starter macrumors newbie

this forum is kind of slow, i have to wait for 1-2 mins to post or reply. i thought the "upload a file" command key from the photo library. let see it works or not.

Attached Files:

23. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You got it and yep, everyone has this feature.

24. spider1135 thread starter macrumors newbie

after one year, the 38mm has the ghostly image and 42mm do not have that but it is used only for 4 months.

thanks Jay.

Attached Files: